Copycat Homemade Oatmeal Creme Pies! Just like your childhood favorite.
Hi guys! It’s Kelley back from Chef Savvy! Today I am sharing with you my CopyCat Oatmeal Creme Pies!
Remember those Little Debbie Oatmeal Creme Pies from your childhood?! Now you can make them at home! These creme pies are AMAZING! Soft and chewy oatmeal cookies sandwiched between a smooth creme filling.
These Oatmeal Creme Pies are really easy to make too! They take about 20 minutes of prep time total!
Serve these cookies with a tall glass of milk and enjoy!
Oatmeal Creme Pies
!Oatmeal Creme Pies
- 1 cup unsalted butter softened
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cocoa powder
- 3 cups old fashioned oats
- 3/4 cup 1 ½ sticks unsalted butter, softened
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1-2 tablespoons heavy cream or milk
!Oatmeal Creme Pies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Add butter and both sugars to a stand mixer with the paddle attachment. Cream until light and fluffy, about 2-3 minutes.
- Add in eggs, vanilla and molasses and mix until combined.
- Combine flour, baking soda, cinnamon, cloves, salt and cocoa powder in a medium bowl.
- Slowly add in the dry ingredients to the mixer just until combined.
- Fold in oats.
- Drop large 2 tablespoon sized cookies on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or a silicon baking sheet.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. (If you make your cookies smaller they take less time close to 10 minutes)
- Let the cookies cool for a couple of minutes on the baking sheet and transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- While cookies are cooling prepare the cream filling.
- Add butter to a stand mixer with the paddle attachment. Cream butter until light and fluffy, 3-4 minutes.
- On low speed add in powdered sugar.
- Add in vanilla and heavy cream or milk and mix until combined
- To assemble spread about 1-2 tablespoons of creme filling onto the bottom side of half of the cookies. Top with the remaining cookies and enjoy!
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, measuring methods and portion sizes per household.
Love these Oatmeal Creme Pies? Here are some more dessert recipes from Chef Savvy to try!