This website may contain affiliate links and advertising so that we can provide recipes to you. Read my disclosure policy.
These bars are ooey and gooey and have a delicious lemon flavor! They are topped with a brown sugar butter coconut topping and are seriously AMAZING!
Easter kind of snuck up on me this year. Here I am sitting at the computer on a Saturday night at midnight remembering that the Easter bunny forgot to get the kids baskets. #momfail I am the worst at remembering holidays like that. Even Valentine’s Day we were at the store the night before getting Valentine’s. I was the mom that sent them with a plastic grocery bag to collect their Valentines! And now I have forgotten Easter too!? Oh man. And St Patrick’s Day? My kids didn’t even wear green! Life is just getting too busy and overwhelming. I need to ask the mom’s that remember all of this stuff and make Leprechaun traps and turn the milk green how they do it. 😉
At least I can redeem myself by baking a delicious treat every now and again. And these Ooey Gooey Lemon Coconut Butter Bars were a HIT!
Now. You are going to have to stock up on butter at Costco to make these. Ok totally kidding. It is not that much butter. But there is a reason they are called butter bars. They do require a bit of butter.
But. It is ok to indulge on a delicious treat every once in a while right?
These bars are seriously worth the extra run or two at the gym! They have a delicious crust followed by an ooey gooey lemon cheesecake buttery center. And then they are topped with a coconut brown sugar butter topping. What is not to love about these bars?
They come together pretty quick and you have a delicious ooey gooey bar ready to devour in no time at all. You will love everything about them. Especially the coconut and lemon combination. They are delicious!
Pin this now to find it laterPin It
Ooey Gooey Lemon Coconut Butter Bars
- 1 box 16 Oz Yellow Cake Mix
- 1 Large Egg
- 1 stick Unsalted Butter melted
FOR THE FILLING:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9x13 inch pan and set aside.
- In a Large mixing bowl add the cake mix, egg, and melted butter and stir together until incorporated. Press into the bottom of your 9x13 inch pan. Set aside.
- To make the filling: In a Large mixing bowl beat the cream cheese until smooth. Add the eggs one at a time and continue to beat until smooth. Add the vanilla, lemon juice, powdered sugar, and melted butter. Pour over the cake mix.
- For the topping: In a medium sized bowl combine the brown sugar and white sugar. Mix in the coconut and stir in the butte and flour. Sprinkle on top of the filling.
- Bake in preheated oven for 35-40 minutes. You want the center to be gooey but set and the top is lightly brown. Allow to cool before cutting into squares.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.