Overnight Caramel Banana French Toast with Caramel Syrup is prepped the night before and ready in the morning. Filled with a caramel banana sauce and topped with homemade caramel syrup this is sure to become a new family favorite!
I just got back from an epic Disneyland retreat with some of my favorite blogging friends. Disneyland is absolutely magical for the Holidays! I am all about going to Disneyland for their amazing food! We were able to tour Disney’s new Festival of Holidays at California Adventure Park. It was so much fun tasting all of the different foods from around the world.
We started our time by checking into our suite at the Grand Legacy Hotel. The hotel is right across the street from Disney! It was so nice to be able to take a break from the park and walk across the street to relax. The room was amazing and I could envision my family staying there. I will always be staying that close to Disney from now on. It was so convenient and it will be great when I come back with the kiddos!
The view from the roof was breathtaking at sunset!
I love finding new restaurants in the park and Carthay Circle in California Adventure became a new favorite. They feature bold and diverse flavors with modern foods from Southern California. My favorite dish of the night were their tacos! They were a thai barbecue taco and absolutely incredible. Every dish was irresistible and they really paid attention to detail and the flavors were on point.
They also serve the prettiest drinks. I loved this non- alcoholic berry lemonade. It was so refreshing and perfect after a busy day at the park.
Oh and whatever you do…. DO NOT forget the creme brûlée dessert!
My recipe today was inspired by one of the most amazing breakfasts that I have ever had. It was at Flo’s Diner and it was the Caramel Banana French Toast. What a great way to start your morning at the park with a delicious breakfast!
I mean this french toast was baked to perfection and topped in the most amazing homemade caramel banana sauce. I had to come home and make it for my family instantly.
I love overnight french toast breakfasts for the holidays. They are great for making the night before and popping them in the oven for a delicious breakfast for the entire family. This breakfast is filled with the caramel banana goodness that I loved so much at Flo’s Diner. It is a breakfast that your family will love!
Overnight Caramel Banana French Toast with Caramel Syrup
Caramel Banana Filling:
- 6 Tablespoons Butter
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar packed
- 3 Tablespoons maple syrup
- 3 Ripe bananas sliced
- 1 15 oz french bread loaf cubed
- 10 large eggs
- 2 cups milk whole milk or half and half
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
Homemade Caramel Syrup:
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- chopped pecans for garnish
- In a medium skillet over medium heat melt the butter. Add the brown sugar, and maple syrup. Cook stirring for a couple of minutes until it becomes smooth. Remove from heat and stir in bananas. Set aside.
- Grease a 9x13 inch pan and add half of the french bread cubes to the bottom. In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, vanilla, and cinnamon. Pour half of the mixture over the french bread. Spoon half of the banana caramel mixture on top. Layer with the rest of the french bread cubes followed by remaining egg mixture and caramel banana sauce. Cover with foil and let it soak overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Remove the french toast from the fridge and bake uncovered for 40-50 minutes or until puffy, golden brown and set in the center.
- To make the caramel syrup: Melt the butter in a saucepan over medium hear. Add the sugar and lemon juice. Cook while stirring constantly 5-6 minutes or until mixture turns a caramel color. Slowly add the whipping cream stirring constantly. Cook until smooth. Serve on top of french toast and garnish with fresh banana slices and chopped pecans if desired.
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, measuring methods and portion sizes per household.
Disneyland was kind enough to provide vouchers for us to try some of the amazing food from Festival of Holidays and share our thoughts with our readers.
We enjoyed our day so much and had a great time at California Adventure! The Festival of Holidays food was amazing. I hope that you will experience the magic at Disneyland and sample all of their amazing food.
If you are considering a Disneyland trip, check out the amazing deals at Get Away Today. They currently have a special that you are not going to want to miss! Bonus: Now through November 28th you can get $20 off a Disneyland or Southern California vacation package if you use the promo code RECIPECRITIC! You can even lock in the deal now with Get Away’s vacation layaway plan! Don’t miss out on this deal or the amazing Festival of Holidays at Disneyland!
You can also find discount Disneyland Park Tickets through Get Away Today!