- 10 ounces white almond bark can also use white chocolate
- 1 teaspoon shortening
- 5 cups Chex cereal any variety
- 1/3 cup crushed peppermint candy canes
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- Measure the 5 cups Chex Mix and put in a bowl, set aside.
- Melt the almond bark and shortening in a saucepan.
- Once melted add the crushed peppermint. I used a food processor to crush the candy canes. It worked great and made the candy canes very fine and the perfect consistency for the mix.
- Pour the melted almond bark over the chex mix. Stir well. Let the mixture cool for a minute in the bowl.
- In a large zip lock bag, add the powdered sugar. Dump the cereal mixture into the ziplock bag and shake to coat them in the powdered sugar.
- Give as many away as possible because you will eat them one by one until they are gone. 😉
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, measuring methods and portion sizes per household.
Can’t wait to try these peppermint buddies. I may try to make them using shredded wheat since that’s what I have in my cupboard. A little bit of healthy grain with my sweets. 🙂
Hi there, I just found this via Pinterest 🙂 I’m just curious, couldn’t this be made with milk chocolate? I’m not a fan of white almond bark or white chocolate even though I know it makes it look more “Christmas-y”.
Yep! Can be made with white chocolate. 🙂
I made these this weekend, and they were SO yummy!!! For future reference, I got about 1/3 cup of crushed peppermint from 4 regular candy canes, done in the food processor.
These are beautiful! I have a huge obsession with all things peppermint this season and I can’t wait to try these babies!
Thanks for linking these up, I NEED, I NEED!!!
Just came across this on Pinterest….it looks fantastic! Quick question…do you think you could do this without the shortening? Thank you!
Yes you can! I just feel like the shortening helps it melt a little bit better! 🙂
Thanks for your response! I can’t wait to make these! 🙂 Happy Holidays, and thanks again!
Oh my heavens these look amazing! Definitely pinning this beauty, thanks!