Hey there it’s Tiffany, from Creme de la Crumb! Can you believe it’s April? I can! I’ve been dying for some Springy weather and we’re getting it here in Utah in spurts. Sunny, cloudy, rainy, snowy, sunny again. I’m ready for sunny sunny sunny and more sunny! Fresh herbs are one of many many reasons I am excited for the warm weather. I just planted cilantro, chives, and BASIL in mason jars. They’re currently sitting on my back porch catching a few rays of sunlight.
Basil is one of my favorite herbs to cook with. Particularly when it has to do with PESTO. I love me some good pesto. This dish is so easy and delicious and Springy. It only requires a few ingredients and comes together so quickly. My husband isn’t really a “pesto person” but he loves it when I stuff it in some baked chicken and smother it in melty cheese! Who can blame him, anything covered in cheese is wonderful!
Stay connected with Creme de la Crumb:
Pesto & Mozzarella Stuffed Chicken
Juicy oven baked chicken stuffed with fresh pesto and ooey gooey mozzarella cheese! An easy weeknight meal that comes together with no fuss and a whole lot of flavor!
- 4 chicken breasts boneless skinless, pounded thin (about 1/4-1/2 inch thick)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup basil pesto for a great homemade version go to this link ---> https://therecipecritic.com/skinny-chicken-pesto-bake/!
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese shredded
- Preheat oven to 375. Spray a shallow baking dish with cooking spray and set aside.
- Lay chicken breasts out on a flat surface. In a small bowl combine salt, pepper, oregano, and garlic powder and whisk together. Sprinkle seasoning over chicken, flipping to get both sides.
- Spread about 1/4 cup pesto onto each chicken breast. Sprinkle with 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese. Gently roll up chicken breasts so that the pesto and cheese are on the "inside" of the chicken roll. Place chicken rolls in a single layer in prepared baking dish. Top with additional pesto and cheese if desired. Bake 15-20 minutes until chicken is cooked through and juices run clear.