A creamy and a delicious pistachio dessert on top of a buttery shortbread crust. This dessert is quick and easy and perfect for your next potluck!
I love everything about summer. But it is sure a busy time. I love finding easy and delicious desserts to put together in a pinch. Since we are always having barbecues and gatherings I love to bring a yummy dessert to share.
I made this pistachio cream pie a few weeks ago and it was AMAZING! I have a slight obsession with pistachios so any pistachio dessert is a winner in my book.
Everything about this dessert was delicious. It starts with a buttery shortbread like base. Then, a creamy pistachio layer goes on top. You top it with some chopped pistachios and there ya go! A quick and easy dessert.
I loved every thing about this dessert! It is creamy and delicious and perfect for summer. I know you guys will love then just as much as we did!
Recipe Adapted from Simple Stacie
Pistachio Cream Bars
- 1 3/4 cups flour
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 1 cup butter softened
- 1 package cream cheese 8 oz., softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 box Pistachio instant pudding mix 3.4 oz
- ¾ cup milk
- 1/2 cup pistachios roughly chopped
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Line a 9x13 inch pan with aluminum foil or parchment paper for easy removal.
- In a large bowl combine the flour and sugar and beat in the butter until combined. Press into the bottom of the pan and bake for 30-35 minutes or until the crust is lightly golden brown on the edges. Remove from oven and let cool.
- To make the pistachio layer beat together the cream cheese and powdered sugar until creamy. Add in milk and pistachio pudding and continue to mix until incorporated. Spread over the crust and refrigerate an hour until set. Top with roughly chopped pistachios.
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, measuring methods and portion sizes per household.