This weekend temperatures have dropped and it has been really rainy with crazy thunderstorms. Like the kind of thunderstorms that wake you up in the middle of the night and you feel like it struck your house. The hubby slept through it but it got my heart pounding. But finally we are starting to see cooler fall like temperatures. I can’t wait to break out the sweaters and boots!
I knew that I loved this recipe even before I made it. Why? Because I am obsessed with cheesecake, pumpkin, and crumb bars. If you combine the three than you have one amazing fall dessert. In fact, this one easily became one of my favorites. I loved the pecan crust and the creamy cheesecake. Then it is topped with sour cream and crumbs. You are going to love this one as much as I did!
Recipe from Epicurious
Pumpkin Cheesecake Crumb Bars
I loved the pecan crust and the creamy cheesecake. Then it is topped with sour cream and crumbs. You are going to love this one as much as I did!
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup brown sugar packed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter chilled, diced
- 1 cup pecan halves
- 3/4 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1 package cream cheese 8 ounce, room temperature
- 3/4 cup pure pumpkin canned
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 and line a 9x9 inch pan with aluminum foil and spray with cooking spray. Also line a baking sheet with parchment paper or foil and spray with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a food processor combine flour, brown sugar, salt, and diced butter. Blend until a coarse meal forms. Add pecans, and oats and continue to pulse until combined and coarse. Moist, but not clumping.
- Press 3 1/2 cups of the mixture into the bottom of your 9x9 inch pan. Put remaining crumbs on the baking sheet and bake for 8-10 minutes until golden stirring once. Remove from oven. Bake the crust 10-12 minutes and remove from oven. Keep the oven on while preparing filling.
- Beat together cream cheese and pumpkin until smooth. Add sugar, egg, cinnamon and sugar. Spread over the crust. Bake about 20 minutes until the edges start to rise.
- For the topping: Combine sour cream, sugar, and vanilla. Spread over warm filling and bake an additional 5 minutes until set. Remove from oven and sprinkle baked crumbs on top. Cool completely, cover, and chill for at least 2 hours.