You can’t have too many pumpkin recipes this time of year! And this one became an instant favorite. I love coffee cake. There is something about the moist cake with the streusel on top that I love. But when you add pumpkin flavor to the mix it makes it the perfect dessert for fall!
This cake came together so quickly and was easy to make. It took me about 10 minutes to mix it all together and get it in the oven. The smell of pumpkin and cinnamon filled the house quickly. We all couldn’t wait for it to be done! It turned our perfect. A moist pumpkin cake topped with delicious cinnamon streusel on top. But my favorite part of it all was the brown butter maple glaze on top! It gave it the perfect finishing touch. And if it has brown butter in it, I am already obsessed! The brown butter adds a nutty flavor to this maple glaze. It is just one extra step to make it delicious. Everyone in my family just gobbled down this cake. I know you will love it as well!
Recipe adapted from Pinch of Yum
Cinnamon Streusel Pumpkin Coffee Cake with a Brown Butter Maple Glaze
A delicious and moist pumpkin coffee cake with a cinnamon streusel and drizzle with a brown butter maple glaze! Amazing!
- ½ cup salted butter very soft, almost melted
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- 1½ cups pumpkin
- 3 large eggs
- 2½ cups all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon each cinnamon ground ginger, allspice
- a pinch of nutmeg and ground cloves
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons butter melted
Brown Butter Maple Glaze:
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1¼ cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9x13 inch pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- To make the cake: Using an electric mixer or wooden spoon, mix butter, brown sugar pumpkin, and eggs together until smooth. Add the flour, baking powder, salt, and spices. Mix until just combined and pour evenly in prepared baking dish.
- To make the topping: Combine flour, white sugar, brown sugar, cinnamon, and melted butter. Crumble with your fingers and sprinkle on top of the cake. Bake for 35-40 minutes or until center comes out clean when a toothpick is inserted.
- To make the glaze: Place the butter in a medium sized saucepan and melt over medium low heat. Bring temperature to medium and continue to stir until butter starts to foam and turns brown. Remove from heat.
- In mixing bowl, add powdered sugar, vanilla, and maple syrup. Add brown butter and mix until smooth. If it is thick, I put mine in the microwave for about 20 seconds so that it could easily drizzle over cake.