Hi everyone! Jenn back from Deliciously Sprinkled with a delicious cookie recipe, that I know you all are going to LOVE! These Salted Caramel Chocolate Chip Cookies are the perfect combination of sweet and salty. Could there really be a better combination?
I started with my favorite Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe. These cookies are smaller than a regular sized chocolate chip cookie, but don’t worry I did this on purpose so I could put a generous amount of salted caramel in the middle of each cookie….you’re welcome! I also drizzled them with melted chocolate to make these cookies even more delicious. Enjoy!
More delicious caramel recipes from Deliciously Sprinkled:
Salted Caramel Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 12 Tablespoons unsalted butter softened
- 1/2 cup sugar granulated
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar packed
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups milk chocolate chips
- 1 bag caramel bites 11 oz.
- 2 Tablespoons heavy whipping cream/milk
- 4 oz. semi-sweet chocolate baking bars
- sea salt for sprinkling on top
- Preheat oven to 370F degrees. Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats. Set aside.
- Whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt in a medium size bowl. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, using an electric or stand mixer, cream together the butter, granulated sugar, light brown sugar, and vanilla extract until combined.
- Add eggs one at a time, mixing between each egg.
- Add flour mixture and mix until just combined. DO NOT OVERMIX!
- Using a spatula, stir in chocolate chips until combined.
- Using a cookie scoop, scoop dough into balls about 1 Tablespoons each and place onto prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until golden brown around the edges.
- Immediately after taking cookies out of the oven, using handle of a wooden spoon, make indentation into center of each cookie. Let cool for 5 minutes on baking sheet.
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine caramel bits and heavy whipping cream. Microwave for 1 minute, stirring until caramel is completely melted. Spoon 1 teaspoon of caramel into each indentation.
- In a medium-sized bowl, microwave chocolate baking bars for 30 seconds, stirring after each 30-second intervals until chocolate is completed melted. Drizzle chocolate over cookies and sprinkle with sea salt.
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, measuring methods and portion sizes per household.