This website may contain affiliate links and advertising so that we can provide recipes to you. Read my disclosure policy.
Hi everyone! Jenn back from Deliciously Sprinkled with a delicious cookie recipe, that I know you all are going to LOVE! These Salted Caramel Chocolate Chip Cookies are the perfect combination of sweet and salty. Could there really be a better combination?
I started with my favorite Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe. These cookies are smaller than a regular sized chocolate chip cookie, but don’t worry I did this on purpose so I could put a generous amount of salted caramel in the middle of each cookie….you’re welcome! I also drizzled them with melted chocolate to make these cookies even more delicious. Enjoy!
More delicious caramel recipes from Deliciously Sprinkled:
Pin this now to find it laterPin It
Salted Caramel Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 12 Tablespoons unsalted butter softened
- 1/2 cup sugar granulated
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar packed
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups milk chocolate chips
- 1 bag caramel bites 11 oz.
- 2 Tablespoons heavy whipping cream/milk
- 4 oz. semi-sweet chocolate baking bars
- sea salt for sprinkling on top
- Preheat oven to 370F degrees. Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats. Set aside.
- Whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt in a medium size bowl. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, using an electric or stand mixer, cream together the butter, granulated sugar, light brown sugar, and vanilla extract until combined.
- Add eggs one at a time, mixing between each egg.
- Add flour mixture and mix until just combined. DO NOT OVERMIX!
- Using a spatula, stir in chocolate chips until combined.
- Using a cookie scoop, scoop dough into balls about 1 Tablespoons each and place onto prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until golden brown around the edges.
- Immediately after taking cookies out of the oven, using handle of a wooden spoon, make indentation into center of each cookie. Let cool for 5 minutes on baking sheet.
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine caramel bits and heavy whipping cream. Microwave for 1 minute, stirring until caramel is completely melted. Spoon 1 teaspoon of caramel into each indentation.
- In a medium-sized bowl, microwave chocolate baking bars for 30 seconds, stirring after each 30-second intervals until chocolate is completed melted. Drizzle chocolate over cookies and sprinkle with sea salt.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.