This website may contain affiliate links and advertising so that we can provide recipes to you. Read my disclosure policy.
A chocolate oreo crust with creamy cheesecake in the center and topped with coconut caramel and drizzled in chocolate. All of the things that you love in a Samoa Cookie in a delicious cheesecake dessert!
Two obsessions. Cheesecake and Samoa Cookies. That isn’t a very big secret here on the blog though. I am always posting cheesecake… and I just posted a samoa thumbprint recipe the other day. It’s just something about that toasted caramel chocolate goodness that I love!
So I knew that a samoa cheesecake needed to happen. I made this mini samoa cheesecakes on the blog a couple of years ago and they were so yummy that I wanted to make a cheesecake bar. I went back and forth with having a chocolate oreo crust or making a shortbread crust and chose the oreo crust.
The result was uh-mazing!
But really. How can you go wrong with this delicious combination? And then the classic toasted coconut caramel to top the creamy cheesecake and drizzled in chocolate?
Everything about these samoa cheesecake bars are amazing. And I know that if you love samoa cookies then you are going to love these bars as well!
Pin this now to find it laterPin It
Samoa Cheesecake Bars
- 20 Oreos
- 5 Tablespoons butter melted
Coconut Caramel Layer:
- 11 ounce package caramels like Kraft
- 3 Tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 1/2 cup coconut toasted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare a 8x8 baking pan by lining it with aluminum foil allowing the sides to overhang for easy removal.
- In a food processor, pulse the oreos into a fine crumb. In a medium sized mixing bowl, stir the crushed cookies and butter together. Press into the bottom of the pan and bake for 9-10 minutes. Let cool.
- Beat the cream cheese, egg, sugar and vanilla together until it has a smooth and creamy consistency. Spread over the crust. Bake it for 30-35 minutes or until cheesecake is set.
- Let cool completely and refrigerate for an hour.
- To make the coconut caramel layer: Add the caramel and heavy cream to a microwave safe bowl and cook 30 seconds at a time until melted and smooth. Add the toasted coconut. Let cool for about 10 minutes and spread on top of the cheesecake layer. Add back to the fridge and chill for 3 hours.
- Melt the chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl cooking 30 seconds at a time until smooth. Drizzle on top of caramel. I like to let my bars sit for about 30 minutes before cutting to let the caramel soften a bit.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.