Sheet Pan Cashew Chicken is an easy weeknight meal with all the amazing flavors of the popular takeout dish. Tender chicken surrounded by crisp and tender veggies with crunchy cashews and an incredible sweet and savory sauce.
Sheet pan meals have become a big thing around our house in the last few years. They are such a lifesaver when I don’t have a ton of time to prep before 5 pm. Clean up is a breeze and you can use any combination of protein or veggies you like or have on hand.
This Sheet Pan Cashew Chicken is an amazing meal that shows up regularly around our house. My son loves anything with cashews and this dish is a great way to sneak in more veggies for him at the same time!
Everything cooks up on the sheet pan while soaking in the flavor-packed sweet and savory sauce. The chicken stays nice and juicy while the broccoli and bell peppers are cooked tender crisp.
Enjoy it alone or serve it over your favorite rice or quinoa. Either way you choose, it will be so much easier and healthier than takeout!
Sheet Pan Cashew Chicken
For the Sauce
- 6 tablespoons low sodium-soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
- 3/4 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh minced ginger
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup water plus more as needed to thin out sauce
For the chicken and vegetables
- 2 medium skinless boneless chicken thighs or breasts cut into 1" inch cubes
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 cups broccoli florets about 1 head
- 1 red bell pepper cut into chunks
- 1/2 green bell pepper cut into chunks (optional - for extra color)
- 2/3 cup roasted unsalted cashews
- Toasted sesame seeds and chopped green onions
!For the sauce:
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, whisk together soy sauce, hoisin sauce, vinegar, honey, sesame oil, garlic, ginger, cornstarch and water until combined. Bring to a simmer, stirring frequently, until sauce thickens and bubbles. Remove from heat and set aside.
!For the chicken and vegetables
- Preheat oven to 400°Line a large sheet pan with parchment paper or foil coated with cooking spray and set aside.
- Season chicken with salt and black pepper then drizzle spoonfuls of sauce over the chicken coating well on both sides. Reserve at least half of the sauce for later.
- Cook in preheated oven for 8 minutes then remove the pan.
- Arrange the broccoli florets, bell peppers and cashews in a single layer around the chicken. Season the vegetables with salt and pepper and drizzle spoonfuls of the sauce and toss everything to coat. Return to the oven and cook for another 8-12 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through and juices run clear.**
- Remove pan from oven and drizzle with remaining sauce. Serve over rice or quinoa and garnish with green onions and sesame seeds, if desired.