Simple Skillet S’mores Cookie is made in a cast iron skillet and is ooey gooey delicious! Just how a s’more should be!
Hey everyone! Chelsea back from Chelsea’s Messy Apron! The weather has been warming up like crazy where I am at and it’s making me crave all sorts of warm weather food like grilled chicken, pasta salads, and anything S’MORES related.
This s’mores cookie is so delicious and couldn’t be easier to make! Make sure you use the right size skillet and it’s pretty fool-proof 🙂 Enjoy!
Simple Skillet S'mores Cookie
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar lightly packed
- 1/2 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1 and 1/2 cups white flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 and 1/4 cups milk dark, or semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 full-sheets graham crackers
- 1/2 cup miniature marshmallows
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In an 8 or 9-inch cast iron skillet, melt the butter over medium-low heat. Whisk in the white sugar and brown sugar until smooth.
- Remove from heat and allow the skillet to cool for 5 minutes (just until it's not hot; warm is okay).
- Add in the vanilla and egg. Mix until combined. Add in the flour, baking soda, salt, and chocolate chips. Mix until combined.
- Smooth around the skillet making the center higher than the edges (edges tend to rise more).
- Bake for 20 minutes. Remove and crumble the graham cracker sheets on top and press the miniature marshmallows into the cookie. Bake for another 5-10 minutes or until cooked through and golden around the edges (it should still be soft and slightly under-baked in the center).
- Remove and enjoy immediately!
More Desserts from Chelsea’s Messy Apron: