Hey Recipe Critic readers! Chelsea back from Chelsea’s Messy Apron and I’ve got a perfect smoothie recipe for you all today! It’s super healthy and filled with good-for-you ingredients. Which we all need in January after the holidays right?!
I used to rotate between 3 different smoothies (this recipe being one of them) for the months leading up to my wedding that I claim have skin-glowing properties 🙂 Seriously though, I drank these smoothies like crazy and my skin was super clear and the most vibrant it’s ever been. I’m trying to get back into the routine of drinking a smoothie a day which is getting a lot easier now that my family has re-located to Australia and it’s now extremely hot instead of extremely cold. In fact there was a day last week when the weather got up to 46 degrees C (115 degrees F)!! Smoothies are a lifesaver on hot days! And on cold days, they are the perfect way to get that glowing skin you want…right?!
Hope you all enjoy 🙂
Here are some more healthy breakfast ideas from Chelsea’s Messy Apron:
Healthy Almond Joy Overnight Oats
Toasted Coconut Vanilla Almond Granola
Metabolism Boosting Blueberry Smoothie
Flourless Peanut Butter Oatmeal Breakfast Cookies
Skin-Glowing Raspberry Mango Smoothie
- 4 tablespoons old fashioned oats
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk or sub another milk
- 1 cup frozen raspberries heaping
- 1 cup frozen mango
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon truvia or sub other sweetener
- In a blender, pulse just the oats a couple times.
- Add in the milk, raspberries, mango, coconut, vanilla, and truvia or another similar sweetener.
- Blend until smooth and no fruit chunks remain.
- Enjoy immediately.
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, measuring methods and portion sizes per household.