Hey Recipe Critic readers! Chelsea back from Chelsea’s Messy Apron and I’ve got a perfect smoothie recipe for you all today! It’s super healthy and filled with good-for-you ingredients. Which we all need in January after the holidays right?!
I used to rotate between 3 different smoothies (this recipe being one of them) for the months leading up to my wedding that I claim have skin-glowing properties 🙂 Seriously though, I drank these smoothies like crazy and my skin was super clear and the most vibrant it’s ever been. I’m trying to get back into the routine of drinking a smoothie a day which is getting a lot easier now that my family has re-located to Australia and it’s now extremely hot instead of extremely cold. In fact there was a day last week when the weather got up to 46 degrees C (115 degrees F)!! Smoothies are a lifesaver on hot days! And on cold days, they are the perfect way to get that glowing skin you want…right?!
Hope you all enjoy 🙂
Here are some more healthy breakfast ideas from Chelsea’s Messy Apron:
Healthy Almond Joy Overnight Oats
Toasted Coconut Vanilla Almond Granola
Metabolism Boosting Blueberry Smoothie
Flourless Peanut Butter Oatmeal Breakfast Cookies
Skin-Glowing Raspberry Mango Smoothie
It’s super healthy and filled with good-for-you ingredients.
- 4 tablespoons old fashioned oats
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk or sub another milk
- 1 cup frozen raspberries heaping
- 1 cup frozen mango
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon truvia or sub other sweetener
- In a blender, pulse just the oats a couple times.
- Add in the milk, raspberries, mango, coconut, vanilla, and truvia or another similar sweetener.
- Blend until smooth and no fruit chunks remain.
- Enjoy immediately.