This website may contain affiliate links and advertising so that we can provide recipes to you. Read my disclosure policy.
A delicious and light slow cooked pork with amazing spices and caribbean salsa on top.
It’s all fun and games eating brownies and gaining weight until you have the baby. Then the real work begins and you have to lose the baby weight. I have done pretty well so far on losing the weight and me and my BFF have a workout program to help motivate each other. I especially love when I find light and healthy recipes to go with my meal plan. And this my friends…. was one of the best pork recipes that I have ever tried.
First of all, this is a slow cooker recipe. So I fell in love with it even more. With it being summer, I hate heating up the house with the oven. And I feel like shredded pork should only be cooked in the slow cooker because it just peels apart it is so tender. I put this in the night before and I woke up to a dark seasoned crust, stuck the fork in it, and it just fell apart and was so tender on the inside. Perfection. This recipe has such simple ingredients. Which made me fall in love with it even more. The jerk seasoning gave the outside such amazing flavor. Seriously taking it to the best pork recipe that I have had. Then top it with some fresh caribbean salsa and it takes these pork tacos to a whole different level. The jerk spices for the pork mixed with the caribbean salsa are such opposite flavors but complemented each other amazingly. I just couldn’t believe how awesome these were. I am so going to make them again. You have got to try them!
Pin this now to find it laterPin It
Slow Cooker Jerk Pork with Caribbean Salsa
- Cut slits with a knife into the pork and stuff half of the garlic into the slits. Combine remaining garlic, jerk seasoning, and course salt and rub over the pork.
- Squeeze lime on the top and pour orange juice on top of the pork. Cover and marinate pork for 5 hours or overnight.
- Spray your slow cooker with cooking spray and place pork and juice into the bottom of the slow cooker. Cook on low for 9 hours.
- Once the pork is cooked and tender, remove the juice and reserve 1 cup. Shred the pork and pour the 1 cup of juice back into the slow cooker. Let cook for an additional 15 minutes.
To make the caribbean salsa:
- Add the diced mangos, avocado, and red onion. Add cilantro and lime juice and salt and pepper to taste. Serve over the pork.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.