This website may contain affiliate links and advertising so that we can provide recipes to you. Read my disclosure policy.
This is easily the BEST chili verde that I have EVER had! The pork is tender and full of amazing flavor and is made right in the slow cooker!
We celebrated my birthday this weekend. My kiddos have been terribly sick all week and my hubby’s grandfather passed away and he had to leave to Minnesota. This is what I like to call #momlife. Nothing ever goes quite as planned, especially birthdays. But we were able to make the best of the day and I had such a fun day spending time with my favorite 3 kids! We went out to eat at my favorite Chinese restaurant (you know my love for Chinese) and ended the night snuggling and watching the Good Dinosaur. I wouldn’t have had the day any other way!
The night before my birthday I made the BEST chili verde that I have ever had. Honestly with my first bite I instantly thought that this was better than any restaurant that I have been to.
It is easily thrown in the slow cooker within minutes and cooks to tender and flavorful perfection!
This Chili Verde is complete with a green enchilada sauce, salsa verde, tomatillos, and green chilis. It is simple but the flavor will knock your socks off! I like to cube my pork meat but you can also shred it if desired. Both will be amazing and the pork is so tender and delicious.
You can serve it in tacos, burritos, or even over some white rice. You are going to quickly agree that this is a restaurant quality meal that can be made right at home. You will love it!
Pin this now to find it laterPin It
Slow Cooker Pork Chili Verde
- 4-5 lbs. boneless pork shoulder cubed
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 28 ounce canned tomatillos
- ½ cup onion chopped
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 14 ounce green enchilada sauce
- 16 ounce salsa verde
- 4 ounce diced green chilies
- ½ Tablespoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 Tbsp cornstarch
- In a medium sized skillet, add olive oil and heat over medium high heat. Brown the sides of the pork and add them to the slow cooker.
- In a food processor add the tomatillos and blend until smooth. Add it to the slow cooker alone with chopped onion, garlic, green enchilada sauce, salsa verde, green chilies, cumin, dried oregano, and salt.
- Cook on low for 6 hours or on high for 4. An hour before serving, take out 1 cup of juice from slow cooker and whisk it with the cornstarch. Add it back to the slow cooker and allow to thicken and cook for about 1 more hour.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.