There is one thing that I have missed out on this summer. Roasting marshmallows and making an ooey gooey s’more. I sure miss that! That is going on my list of things to do before the summer is over.
At least I was able to get my s’mores fix in these pancakes. Oh my goodness. These pancakes were awesome. I honestly think that these were the best pancakes that I have made. They were delicious and chocolatey and had graham cracker crumbs packed inside! And of course my boys went nuts over them. They asked if I could make these for breakfast every morning. I am sure that these will get made year round at our house. You guys are going to love them too!
Recipe Chocolate and Carrots
A delicious chocolate pancake that is packed with graham cracker crumbs and topped with your favorite s'mores toppings!
- 1 cup white wheat flour
- 8 graham cracker sheets
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1/4 cup butter melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Optional toppings: Chocolate Syrup or Marshmallow fluff
- Preheat the griddle. Pulse the graham cracker crumbs into a food processor until they become fine crumbs. In a large mixing bowl combine crumbs, flour, baking powder, cocoa powder, and brown sugar. Whisk together until combined.
- In a separate bowl combine eggs, milk, melted butter, and vanilla. Combine with dry ingredients until mixed well.
- Place a 1/4 cup of the batter onto the griddle. Flip when bubbles start to form at the top. Repeat. Makes about 10 pancakes.