Sparkling pomegranate lemonade is the perfect sweet and tangy holiday beverage!
Hey everyone! Chelsea back from Chelsea’s Messy Apron 🙂 I hope your holidays are going well so far! And today I have something to make them even better: Sparkling Pomegranate Lemonade! It’s sweet, tangy, and totally delicious, not to mention it’s gorgeously festive!
While lemonade may seem like a summery recipe, this pomegranate lemonade truly makes the best holiday drink! We can’t seem to get enough of it. Not only is it delicious, but it’s also so beautiful and festive looking.
The bright red color of the lemonade, the deep red pop of the pomegranate arils, plus a sprig of mint and you’ve got the most festive holiday beverage!
This lemonade is super simple to make which is a must have in this busy holiday season! It starts with a simple syrup of water + white sugar. Once the two have been combined on the stove-top and cooled, that mixture is added to the pitcher. Next you’ll add the freshly squeezed lemon juice and then the pomegranate juice. I use a pomegranate-cranberry juice, but any pomegranate flavored juice will work. You’ll want to get an unsweetened/natural juice so this drink isn’t overly sweet!
I like to mix that all together and store this in the fridge until it’s ready to serve. Right before serving you’ll add in the sparkling water (I get lemon flavored for an extra burst of fresh lemon flavor) and top with the pomegranate arils. Garnish with a lemon slice and/or fresh mint and these beverages are ready to be enjoyed!
More Holiday Favorites from Chelsea’s Messy Apron:
- 4 cups water
- ½-1 full cup white granulated sugar*
- 1 cup (~4-6 large lemons) freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 cup unsweetened pomegranate-cranberry juice
- 1 and ½ cups sparkling lemon-flavored water
- Pomegranate, for serving
- Ice and additional lemons, for serving
- Fresh mint, optional
- Combine 1 cup water and the sugar in a medium saucepan over medium heat until the sugar is dissolved. Cool to room temperature.
- In a large pitcher, combine the cooled sugar water, freshly squeezed lemon juice, pomegranate-cranberry juice and remaining 3 cups of water. Stir to combine.
- Just before serving stir in the sparkling water. Fill glasses with ice and pour the sparkling pomegranate lemonade into glasses. Add a small handful of pomegranate arils. Garnish glasses with lemon slices and fresh mint as desired.