This website may contain affiliate links and advertising so that we can provide recipes to you. Read my disclosure policy.
Sticky Banana Walnut Toffee Pudding Cake is a perfectly baked banana walnut pudding cake topped with the most amazing toffee caramel sauce. This will be one of the best desserts you will ever have!
This month we were challenged to find a recipe inspired by a different country. Since my hubby served his mission in France I decided to ask him about different things that he had tried. He immediately told me about a delicious pudding cake with a caramel sauce on top. He told me that it was one of the best desserts that he has ever had!
After doing some research this Sticky Toffee Pudding is one of the most popular desserts in Europe. I decided to make my own delicious twist to it and add banana and walnuts and OMG! this is definitely going to be one of the best dessert cakes you ever try!
This pudding cake is the most perfect and moist cake that I have ever had. The addition of bananas and crunchy walnuts were phenomenal. Not only is it a great way to get rid of your over ripe bananas, but it adds such amazing flavor to the cake. The crunchy walnuts are also such a delicious addition.
But here is the best part to the dessert. The toffee sauce!! I can see why this was a favorite dessert to my husband in Europe. You make this toffee sauce, that is just like a homemade caramel sauce. When the cake is done baking you take some of the sauce and broil it on the top. Then you serve it with some more sauce on top with a dollop of fresh whipping cream.
You guys need to stop whatever you are doing and make this amazing cake!!
It immediately became one of my all time favorite cakes. And the best part is that I don’t have to go on a trip to Europe to eat it! I can make this uh-mazing cake right at home any time that I want to! I hope that you give this cake a try because I know that you are going to love it just as much as we did!
Pin this now to find it laterPin It
Sticky Banana Walnut Toffee Pudding Cake
- 1 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup 1 1/2 sticks butter
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas
- 2/3 cup butterscotch chips
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Toffee caramel sauce:
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 cup heavy cream whipped for topping
- sliced bananas for topping
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a 8 x 8-inch baking pan with parchment paper. In a medium bowl, whisk the flour, baking powder, and salt together. Set aside.
- In the bowl of your stand-type mixer, cream the butter and sugar together. Beat in the eggs and then the bananas and flavor.
- Add the flour mixture and beat until just well combined, scraping down the sides of the bowl. Add the chips and walnuts.
- Scrape the batter into the prepared pan. Bake for 25 minutes or until the cake tests done with a toothpick stuck in the center of the cake. Let cool on a rack in the pan.
- Make the caramel sauce: Combine the butter, heavy cream and brown sugar in a small heavy saucepan; heat to boiling, stirring constantly. Boil gently over medium low heat until mixture is thickened, about 8 minutes. Preheat broiler. Spoon about 1/3 cup of the sauce over the pudding. Spread evenly on top. Place pudding under the broiler until the topping is bubbly, about 1 minute. Serve immediately spooned into dessert bowls. Drizzle with toffee sauce and top with sliced bananas and spoonful of whipped cream.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.
This post was sponsored by the California Walnut Board. Thank you for allowing me to work with brands that I love. All opinions expressed are my own.
More delicious walnut recipes: