Some desserts I make on my blog that I hope everyone will try… this is one of them! I love my cherry pie bars but these were fantastic. They were baked to perfection and I loved the strawberry pie filling swirled throughout in the sour cream. They were so easy to make and that first bite was so creamy and delicious that it gave me hope that spring… and summer is coming!
Strawberry Pie Sour Cream Crumb Bars
- 1/2 cup butter melted and cooled to room temperature
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup strawberry pie filling or any kind you would like
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 Tbsp all purpose flour
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 375 and prepare an 8x8 square pan by lining with parchment paper and spraying with cooking spray.
- Make the crust by whisking together in a medium bowl the flour, brown sugar, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Add the melted butter. The dough will be crumbly but make sure all of the butter is incorporated.
- Reserve ¾ cup of the crust and press the remaining into the bottom of your 8x8 prepared baking pan.
- For the sour cream filling, mix together in a large bowl the sour cream, sugar, 1 Tbsp flour, egg, and vanilla. Pour over the crust in your 8x8 pan.
- Spoon your pie filling over the sour cream and gently swirl with the sour cream filling with a spoon.
- Sprinkle your reserved ¾ cup crust over the top and bake for 25-28 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely and serve into squares. Store in the refrigerator up to 3 days. 🙂
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, measuring methods and portion sizes per household.
Can you substitute strawberry preserves for the filling ?
Yes, that will work too.
I JUST FINISHED MIXING EVERYTHING TOGETHER & PUT IT IN TO BAKE!! I WILL COMMENT BACK IN 45 MINUTES ON HOW EVERYONE FELT ABOUT THEM. (COOLING TIME INCLUDED!)?
I just took this out of the oven! I made it so my residents can have it for breakfast in a few hours. Looks great and smells amazing! Very easy recipe that I plan to make at home.
These bars are wonderful. I would like to double the recipe to do a 9 x 13. Would I double everything, like baking powder & soda?
Made these and did not have baking soda so I subed baking powder for it and removed the salt bc baking powder is a little salty in itself. Came out jiggly. Hopefully it will set more after it cools completely. Anyone else have any issues?
YUM!!! I’d love for you to share this at my Saturday Dishes Link Party this weekend! It’s a themed link up & this week’s theme is Memorial Day & Grilling! Feel free to share other old or new posts that fit the theme as well if you have them! (:
Read more at http://insidebrucrewlife.com/2013/06/lemon-mousse-fruit-parfaits/#cSwoI9Q89VzLFfQ1.99
Thank you so much. I have to admit to going through your site and favoriting a lot of your recipes. We are making a dessert buffet for a wedding, and your ideas are great!
It’s a pity you don’t have a donate button! I’d definitely donate to this outstanding blog! I guess for now i’ll settle for book-marking and adding your RSS feed to my
Google account. I look forward to brand new updates and will share this
website with my Facebook group. Talk soon!
You are amazing! Just having you as a fan is awesome enough! Thanks for the comment! 🙂
My crust was soggy, should I pre bake crust first? Other than that they are great bars.
Just finished baking these delicious looking Sour Cream Filled Bars! 🙂
Could not get the recipe to print legibly for me. Should I be do something besides pinning on Pinterest?
I did this and it was perfect and delicious. I loved it.
I am so glad you loved it!!!
I can’t tell you how many times I’ve made these bars (by request) since June. If I had to guess I’d say at least 5 times. I also used the crumb topping on top of fresh peaches to make a peach crumble. Delish!
Wish you had a print option for your recipes. Don’t want to waste all the ink on pictures that I don’t need to cook!
I do have a print option now that I have moved to WordPress. The problem is I have to go back to all of my old recipes and reformat them into a recipe card with print option. Just haven’t gotten to this one yet. 🙂
I had some peaches that were so ripe they were about to spoil so I just made these with some homemade peach pie filling and I am waiting for them to come out of the oven. I just know they are going to be incredible! Thanks for the great recipe!
Oh my goodness that sounds amazing!!! I will have to try it with peaches! Yum!
looks yummy and the sour part is nice
These look lovely! I just finished dessert but I think I could eat one…or 10 of these.