Some desserts I make on my blog that I hope everyone will try… this is one of them! I love my cherry pie bars but these were fantastic. They were baked to perfection and I loved the strawberry pie filling swirled throughout in the sour cream. They were so easy to make and that first bite was so creamy and delicious that it gave me hope that spring… and summer is coming!
Strawberry Pie Sour Cream Crumb Bars
- 1/2 cup butter melted and cooled to room temperature
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup strawberry pie filling or any kind you would like
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 Tbsp all purpose flour
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 375 and prepare an 8x8 square pan by lining with parchment paper and spraying with cooking spray.
- Make the crust by whisking together in a medium bowl the flour, brown sugar, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Add the melted butter. The dough will be crumbly but make sure all of the butter is incorporated.
- Reserve ¾ cup of the crust and press the remaining into the bottom of your 8x8 prepared baking pan.
- For the sour cream filling, mix together in a large bowl the sour cream, sugar, 1 Tbsp flour, egg, and vanilla. Pour over the crust in your 8x8 pan.
- Spoon your pie filling over the sour cream and gently swirl with the sour cream filling with a spoon.
- Sprinkle your reserved ¾ cup crust over the top and bake for 25-28 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely and serve into squares. Store in the refrigerator up to 3 days. 🙂
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, measuring methods and portion sizes per household.