Taco Stuffed Zucchini Boats are loaded with taco seasoned ground beef, cheese and topped with your favorite toppings. These make a delicious low carb meal and are perfect for using up that zucchini!
I’m back! And after about five weeks it feels good to be in the kitchen again! We had our sweet little girl on June 9th and she has been such a blessing in our family. She was the smallest baby that I have had and she seems like she will be more petite than her big sister and have a different look. She is perfect! When she was born, she screamed for two hours straight. We were so nervous that we had gotten a screamer but she was actually just starving. This girl eats like a champ and is happy and content and only wakes up at 5am to be fed. I literally get nothing done because I just want to hold her and enjoy every second with my last baby.
Of course my first recipe involves zucchini. I look forward to zucchini season every single year because it is my favorite vegetable! There are so many different ways you can use up that zucchini in the garden, and zucchini boats might just be my new favorite!
They are so easy to make and are the perfect low carb option. You just hollow out your zucchini and fill it with a delicious taco seasoned ground beef and top with cheese. They only take about 25 minutes to bake in the oven and when they come out you load them up with all of your favorite toppings. My favorite toppings include avocado, cilantro, tomatoes, and olives. But the possibilities are endless.
These became a new family favorite and are absolutely delicious! I know that your family will love these as well!
Taco Stuffed Zucchini Boats
- 3 medium sized zucchini
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- 1½ teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 ounce can tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 cup mexican shredded cheese
- Optional toppings: diced avocado chopped cilantro, chopped tomatoes, and sliced olives
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Trim the ends off zucchini. Cut zucchini in half lengthwise and scoop out pulp, leaving 1/2-in. shells. Line up the zucchini in a 9x13 inch baking dish. Chop the pulp up and set aside.
- In a medium sized skillet add ground beef until no longer pink. Drain the excess grease. Add the reserved zucchini pulp and the chili powder, garlic powder, garlic powder, onion powder, dried oregano, paprika, cumin and salt and pepper to the ground beef. Add the tomato sauce and water and combine.
- Fill the zucchini boats evenly with the taco mixture. Top with shredded cheddar cheese. Bake uncovered for about 20 minutes or until zucchini is tender. Remove from oven and top with favorite toppings.
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, measuring methods and portion sizes per household.