Thai Zucchini Noodle Salad – the perfect healthy and tasty dish to use up that garden zucchini! Loaded with spiralized zucchini, tender chicken, fresh veggies, and drizzled with an amazing homemade peanut lime dressing that’s sweet, spicy and tangy!
Hey everyone! Kelly here again from Life Made Sweeter! Today I’m sharing one of my favorite ways to use up that garden zucchini.
Oodles of zoodles! Are you guys a fan? I can’t get enough and love swapping in spiralized veggies for noodles whenever I can.
This Thai Zucchini Noodle Salad is bright, flavorful and a summertime favorite! The best part is that it comes together quickly and is super easy to customize with your favorite veggies.
In addition to the zucchini noodles, I loaded this salad with some red cabbage, carrots, bell pepper, snap peas and edamame beans.
Add grilled or rotisserie chicken to make it an all in one meal or leave it as is for Meatless Monday.
Everything gets tossed together with a flavor-packed homemade peanut dressing.
It’s super simple to whip up and has the perfect balance of sweet, spicy, tangy and salty.
Just combine some creamy peanut butter, sesame oil, apple cider vinegar, garlic, ginger, honey and a little bit of chili garlic sauce (or Sriracha) for that extra kick of heat.
You can totally adjust the amount of chili sauce to your liking or leave it out completely if you’re sensitive to heat.
This Thai Zucchini Noodle Salad is light, tasty and perfect for a hot day. It’s colorful, crunchy, and a super delicious way to use up some summer zucchini!
- 3 large zucchinis
- 1 cup shredded red cabbage
- 12-15 sugar snap peas, trimmed and strings removed
- ¾ cup matchstick or grated carrots
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 cup shelled edamame (defrosted, rinsed and drained)
- 1 cup cubed chicken (grilled or rotisserie works) *leave out for meatless version
- ½ cup fresh chopped cilantro
- ¼ cup fresh chopped Thai basil (leave out if you can't find it)
- Chopped peanuts and lime wedges, for serving
- ¼ cup smooth and creamy peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- Juice from 1 lime
- 2 tablespoons honey (or coconut sugar)
- 1 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce (or tamari for gluten free)
- 1 garlic clove, grated or finely minced
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1-2 teaspoons chili garlic sauce or Sriracha (to taste)
- 2-3 tablespoons of hot water, to thin out (or more as needed)
- Use a spiralizer, vegetable peeler or mandoline to make the zucchini noodles.
- Add the zucchini to a large bowl along with the cabbage, snap peas, carrots, bell pepper, edamame, chicken and half of the cilantro and basil.
- Whisk the dressing ingredients together until thoroughly combined (or pulse together until creamy in a food processor).
- Pour dressing over the salad and toss to combine. Top with remaining herbs, chopped peanuts and serve with lime wedges if desired.