Hey Recipe Critic readers!! Chelsea from Chelsea’s Messy Apron here for one of the last recipes in the month of January. Which means it’s obviously still a healthy recipe, or is everyone done with their healthy eating resolutions by now?
Regardless of resolutions or none this is a recipe you’ll want to make again and again! It’s a super simple granola that takes minutes to put together and not too long to bake. The ingredients are simple and the flavor is incredible!
You can also choose to customize what you mix into this granola – I did flaked coconut and yogurt covered raisins. The raisins were actually covered in Greek yogurt which gave them a delicious tang and a great complement to this granola — very highly recommended!
Enjoy everyone 🙂
Here are some more healthy breakfast ideas from Chelsea’s Messy Apron:
Tropical Coconut Granola
It’s a super simple granola that takes minutes to put together and not too long to bake. The ingredients are simple and the flavor is incredible!
- 3 cups old fashioned oatmeal
- 3/4 cup slivered almonds
- 6 tablespoons honey
- 5 tablespoons coconut oil
- 6 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt covered raisins
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
- Combine the oats and slivered almonds and set aside.
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine the honey (measure exactly - don't overfill the measuring spoons), coconut oil (measure exactly when it's melted and not in the hardened state), brown sugar (measured lightly packed), vanilla extract, and salt.
- Microwave mixture for 15 seconds and stir until well combined.
- Pour the honey mixture into the oat and almond mixture and stir until well combined.
- Spread the granola evenly onto a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes (depending on the heat of your oven) making sure to flip and stir the granola around every 6-8 minutes.
- Remove and allow the granola to harden and set up. (It may be soft and not very "granola-like", but it hardens as it dries out so be careful to not over-cook it). Mine generally takes about 22 minutes and the coconut is a light brown color.
- Stir in the flaked coconut and Greek-yogurt covered raisins.