This is one of those recipes that you know is going to be good even before you make it. I mean seriously. A cookie along the bottom, brownie in the center, and caramel layer and chocolate on top? These were amazing! When I found the recipe I saw comments that the cookie layer on the bottom wasn’t hard enough. Well I thought everything about these brownies were perfect. I feel like brownies are supposed to be nice and chewy. The cookie bottom was still hard to resemble a twix but not too hard taking away from the brownie. These take a little bit to prepare but are totally worth that first bite!
This is one of those recipes that you know is going to be good even before you make it.
- 1 package (12.8 oz.) Simply Sandies Shortbread Cookies
- 6 Tablespoons Butter
- 1 box 9x13 brownie mix
- Ingredients on the brownie mix box Usually eggs, oil, and water
- 1/4 cup hot fudge topping
- 1 bag (14 oz.) caramels
- 2 Tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 bag (11.5 oz) milk chocolate chips
- 2 Tablespoons Butter
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- Grease the bottom of a 9x13 pan. I would highly suggest lining the pan with parchment paper. This made it very easy to lift out of the pan and cut the brownies.
- Put the cookies into a food processor until very fine. In a medium bowl melt the butter. Add the cookies to this and mix until moist. Press into the bottom of the 9x13 pan.
- Prepare the brownie mix as directed on the box but also add in the 1/4 cup of fudge topping. Spread on top of cookie. Cook the brownie mix as directed and let it cool completely.
- Melt cream and caramels together over medium low heat on the stove until caramels are melted and creamy. Pour this evenly on top of the cooled brownies. Let cool until set. You can speed up the process by placing the brownies in the freezer for about 15 minutes.
- Lastly, melt the chocolate, butter and heavy cream together and pour over the caramel layer. Let this cool. Serve and enjoy.
Recipe from: Jasey’s Crazy Daisy