Delicious and addicting Muddy Buddies that taste just like a Twix Bar!
A few weeks ago we were all sitting together as a family. My little six year old said, Mom! You should make Twix Muddy Buddies! I wasn’t surprised by this because Twix are both of my boys favorite candy bar!
Later that week I was talking to my best friend over at Chef In Training. Our conversations usually consists of food and babies. We are both due within a week of each other! I told her what I was making that week and that my little boy suggested Twix Muddy Buddies. She told me she had always wanted to make those for her blog too! So we decided to both make them that week. It is amazing how different our tastes are and our recipes are. But at least we both share a love for Muddy Buddies!
My favorite part of the Twix Bar is the caramel and the shortbread inside. I really wanted to make those things stand out! It took me two batches to get these right. After I made them, I couldn’t stop eating them. And I especially loved how the caramel flavor stood out! This muddy buddy recipe was a hit! And as soon as my little boy got home from school he gave them a try. He said, Mom these are awesome! I think even he approved! 🙂
Twix Muddy Buddies
- 4 Cups Rice Chex Cereal
- 1 bag milk chocolate chips 12 ounce
- 15 kraft caramel square or ½ cup caramel bits
- 1 Tablespoon Heavy Cream
- 6 Shortbread Cookies
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 Twix Bars chopped
- 5 kraft caramels optional for final drizzle*
- In a big bowl place 4 cups chex cereal. In a microwave safe dish, or over low heat on the stove, melt the milk chocolate chips. If in the microwave, melt 30 seconds at a time until smooth and be careful not to let burn and clump.
- Pour the melted chocolate over the chex cereal and mix until the cereal is completely covered in the chocolate.
- Melt the caramel and heavy cream. Drizzle this over the chocolate covered chex. Stir lightly getting all of the cereal pieces drizzled in caramel.
- Pulse the shortbread cookies in a food processor until fine. Combine with the powdered sugar in a gallon sized bag. Dump the chex cereal and shake to coat in the powdered sugar shortbread cookie crumbs. Add the chopped twix bars to the bag.
- If you want a final caramel drizzle, lay them out on a parchment covered cookie sheet. Melt the 5 caramels and drizzle on the top of the muddy buddies.
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, measuring methods and portion sizes per household.