This website may contain affiliate links and advertising so that we can provide recipes to you. Read my disclosure policy.
I have been watching what I eat for the last two weeks for my upcoming Hawaii trip. I am down over 6 pounds but it hasn’t been easy! I have been doing My Fitness Pal which has been awesome. But I sure have missed all of my yummy treats! This recipe is awesome because it is a light and flavorful dinner. And it is only 300 calories a serving. A total win!
I can’t even begin to explain how amazing and packed with flavor this chicken was! The chicken crusted beautifully with the walnut, parmesan and rosemary panko crumb mix. I absolutely love the flavor that Rosemary added to this chicken. The chicken was perfectly tender and moist. I do think this is one of the best recipes that I have made. My little 9 year old couldn’t get enough of it! Served with a side salad, this is a meal that you don’t have to feel guilty about. Your skinny jeans can thank me! 🙂
Pin this now to find it laterPin It
Walnut and Rosemary Oven Fried Chicken
- 1/4 cup low-fat buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 4 chicken cutlets 6 ounces
- 1/3 cup panko crumbs
- 1/3 cup walnuts finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh Parmesan Cheese grated
- 3/4 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper freshly ground
- Cooking spray
- Rosemary leaves for garnish optional
- Preheat oven to 425. Pound the chicken so that they are about 1/2 thickness. This is optional but will help the chicken to cook faster.
- Combine buttermilk and mustard in a shallow dish stirring with a whisk. Add the chicken to the buttermilk turning to coat.
- In a small skillet over Medium heat, toast the panko crumbs until golden brown about 3 minutes. Remove from heat and combine the panko crumbs with finely chopped walnuts, parmesan cheese, rosemary, salt and pepper.
- Remove chicken from buttermilk mixture and dredge in crumb mixture.
- You can either arrange a wire rack on a large baking sheet, or line the pan with aluminum foil and spray with cooking spray. Lay the chicken on top.
- Bake at 425 for 13-15 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink. Garnish with Rosemary leaves.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.