This was a great meal to switch up our dinner routine. My family loved it, well except for the picky one, but we couldn’t even get him to try a bite. I hope for the day that he will eat all of my meals just like his older brother. Hey I can dream can’t I!? 🙂
You can’t go wrong with this casserole. In fact, I think it is my favorite casserole to date! Layers of cheesiness and a sour cream cottage cheese combo with chunks of ground beef. It makes a great flavorful meal and everything combined is delicious! This is going to be a hit with everyone for dinner. Well unless you have a picky eater like I do!
Beefy Sour Cream Noodle Bake
Delicious and cheesy casserole with a sour cream mixture that the entire family will love!
- 1¼ lb ground beef
- 1 (15oz) can tomato sauce
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- ¼ tsp onion powder
- 8 oz egg noodles
- ¾ c sour cream
- 1¼ c small curd cottage cheese
- 2 c sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- In a medium sized skillet, brown the ground beef. Season with salt, pepper, and onion powder. Drain the excess fat. Add the tomato sauce and simmer on low for 10 minutes.
- Cook the noodles until al dente, drain and set aside. In a medium sized mixing bowl, combine sour cream and cottage cheese. Add the noodles and stir to coat.
- Grease a 9x13 inch pan and layer with half of the noodles, half of the ground beef mixture, and top with half of the cheese. Repeat the layers and end with cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted.
Recipe The Pioneer Woman, adapted by Time for Supper
I am Alyssa and the blogger behind The Recipe Critic. I started my blog in June of 2012 as a place to share my passion for cooking. I love trying new things and testing them out with my family.
Latest posts by Alyssa (see all)
- One Pan Crispy Parmesan Paprika Chicken with Vegetables - November 27, 2016
- Overnight Caramel Banana French Toast with Caramel Syrup - November 26, 2016
- Weekly Menu Plan #76 - November 26, 2016