Flank steak that is rubbed in spices and slow cooks with peppers, jalapeño, and onions all day to tender and juicy perfection! This recipe is easy and will become a family favorite!
- 2 lbs Flank Steak (other cuts can be substituted but flank steak is best)
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 seeded jalapeno, chopped
- SPICE RUB:
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- ¼ tsp onion powder
- ¼ tsp garlic
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- FOR SERVING:
- corn tortillas
- avocado slices
- your favorite salsa
- Mix together all spices in a small bowl. Rub the spices all over your flank steak. Place your steak at the bottom of your crock pot.
- Cover the steak with the chopped onions, bell peppers and jalapeno pepper. Turn heat on LOW and cook for 8 hours.
- After 8 hours, remove meat from crock pot and shred with a fork. It should be incredibly easy to shred. You can either stick the shredded meat back in the pot for another hour or serve as is.
- To serve, heat your corn tortillas in a skillet on the stove. Spoon some carnitas on a tortilla then top with salsa, avocado, cilantro and a squeeze of lime.
Subscribe to the Recipe Critic Blog and get family friendly recipes via e-mail.
Latest posts by Alyssa (see all)
- Korean Ground Beef and Rice Bowls - April 18, 2017
- Weekly Menu Plan #96 - April 15, 2017
- Triple Berry Chicken Avocado Salad with a Creamy Lemon Poppyseed Dressing - April 13, 2017