My favorite pie is cherry pie. I just love me some cherry pie. I have never liked pumpkin pie, so cherry pie is my top choice for Thanksgiving. These cherry pie bars are the bomb! It was just like biting into a cherry pie and served warm with a side of vanilla ice cream…. wow. I think I want some more now!
Rating: 5 stars Difficulty of Recipe: 2 stars
Things that I changed: Nothing
Things that I would do differently next time: It suggests baking them in a 15x10x1 pan or a 9×13. Next time I am going to bake them in a 15×10 pan so they aren’t so thick and don’t take so long to bake.
Will I make this again? Yes
Recipe Adapted From: Julies treats
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp almond extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 (21 ounce) cherry pie filling 2 if you like cherries (highly recommend)
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp almond extract
- 2 Tbs milk
- Cream together butter and sugar. Add eggs and beat well. Beat in extracts.
- In a separate bowl combine flour and salt. Add to the creamed mixture. Mix until combined.
- Grease a 15x10x1 pan or 9x13, whichever one you decide to use. Spread 3 cups batter in a 15x10x1 (Also works with 9x13- baking time will at least be 35 minutes) Spread with pie filling. Drop remaining batter on top of pie filling.
- Bake at 350 for 30-35 minutes or until toothpick comes clean. Cool on wire rack. Combine glaze ingredients and drizzle over the bars.
Latest posts by Alyssa (see all)
- Cheesy Fiesta Chicken and Rice Skillet - August 25, 2016
- Apple Pecan Crisp - August 22, 2016
- One Pan Crispy Parmesan Garlic Chicken with Vegetables - August 21, 2016