I love that fall is here. And I especially love pumpkin recipes! I have always been reluctant to make a pumpkin roll because it looks like a lot of work! So I was so excited to find this recipe.
Pumpkin Roll Bars
Amazing pumpkin roll bars without all of the hard work!
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1½ cups granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 (15 oz.) can pumpkin
- ¼ cup water
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground cloves
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Cream Cheese Filling
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 1 large egg
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9 x 13 inch baking pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a bowl, with an electric mixer on medium speed, beat butter and 1½ cups sugar until smooth. Beat in 2 eggs, pumpkin, 1 teaspoon of vanilla and water until well blended.
- In a separate bowl, mix flour, cinnamon, cloves, ginger, nutmeg, baking soda, baking powder, and salt; add the dry ingredients to the pumpkin/butter mixture and combine until well blended.
- Spread about ⅔ of the batter evenly into the prepared pan.In a bowl, with an electric mixer on medium speed, beat cream cheese, 1 egg, ¼ cup sugar, and ½ teaspoon of vanilla until smooth.
- Spread cream cheese mixture evenly over the pumpkin batter. Dollop the remaining pumpkin batter over the cream cheese batter and spread out as evenly as possible. Use a table knife to swirl together the cream cheese and top layer of pumpkin batter.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until the center of the pumpkin batter springs back when touched. Cool completely in pan, then cut into bars.
Recipe Source Family Cookbook Project
I am Alyssa and the blogger behind The Recipe Critic. I started my blog in June of 2012 as a place to share my passion for cooking. I love trying new things and testing them out with my family.
Latest posts by Alyssa (see all)
- Maple Roasted Brussels Sprouts and Butternut Squash - October 27, 2016
- Weekly Menu Plan #71 - October 22, 2016
- Salted Caramel Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies - October 17, 2016