Did you know that you can cook almost anything in a rice cooker? Well I didn’t. I am all about easy and this my friends is almost too easy! You throw everything in and turn the rice cooker on and set it and forget it! (Isn’t that an infomercial? Haha) It is delicious!! Flavor is awesome and rice is cooked perfectly. It makes a great side to any meal!
Rice Cooker Fried Rice
October 31, 2012
Stay connected with the latest and greatest from the Recipe Critic! Follow my blog, like me on facebook, or follow me on pinterest!
Rating: 4 stars Difficulty of Recipe: 1 star
Things that I changed: I didn’t add the onion or bacon. So I skipped the part of cooking the onion and bacon in the oil before adding the rice. I did add Spam to my rice though. (I never have used Spam until my sister in law made her delicious fried rice. It is so good!)
Things that I would do differently next time: Nothing
2 cups beef stock
2 cups rice
1 Tbsp oil (flavor infused oil works really well)
250 grams of bacon (or chicken, spam, ham, any meat you like!)
1 onion sliced
1 tsp minced garlic
1 cup frozen vegetables (I used peas and carrots)
2 tbsp soy sauce
1. Turn Rice Cooker to cook and add oil, bacon, onion, and garlic. Stir frequently until onion is soft.
2. Add rice to rice cooker and coat in oil.
3. Add the frozen vegetables and beef stock and mix well.
4. Turn the rice cooker on and let it do its thing!
5. When finished stir in soy sauce and serve! Enjoy!