Rating: 4 stars Difficulty of Recipe: 3 stars
Review: I thought these were going to be a lot harder to make but they were pretty simple to assemble. Once they were assembled they only took 10 minutes to cook! I left the onion and mushroom out just because I didn’t want to risk the kids not eating them. These were delicious and we will be making them again.
12 oz raw ground turkey
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1 cup chopped onion
1/2 cup chopped mushrooms
14.5 oz can crushed tomatoes, or tomato sauce
2 cloves garlic, minced
3 tsp dried oregano
1/2 tsp basil
1 1/2 cups part skim ricotta cheese
24 small square wonton wrappers
1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
1. Preheat the oven to 375. Heat a large skillet over medium high heat and add the turkey, mushrooms, salt and pepper. Cook the turkey until it is cooked through.
2. Add the garlic and stir constantly for about 30 seconds. Add the can of crushed tomatoes and 2 tsp oregano. Bring the pan to a gentle boil. Reduce the heat to low and let simmer for 10 minutes. Set aside.
3. In a large bowl combine the ricotta cheese, a pinch of salt and pepper, and the remaining teaspoon of oregano, and the basil. Combine and set aside.
4. Coat a 12 cup muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray. Place one wonton wrapper into the bottom of each cup pressing firmly on the bottom and sides.
5. Using half of the ricotta mixture, divide it among the 12 muffin cups. Spoon it so it is on the bottom. Then using half of the turkey meat mixture, spoon it evenly over the ricotta filled cups. Sprinkle each cup with 2 tsp of mozzarella.
6. Gently press another wonton wrapper on top of the mozzarella layer. Repeat the process distributing the remaining ricotta mixture and turkey mixture. Top with mozzarella.
7. Bake for 10 minutes of until the cheese has melted.
8. Let the cups cool for a few minutes, remove from the pan and serve!
Recipe From Six Sisters Stuff
Nutrition Info for 1 petite lasagna:
Calories: 181.2, Total Fat: 7.9g, Cholesterol: 41.9mg, Sodium: 389.5mg, Total Carb: 13.6g, Fiber: 1 g, Sugars: 1.6g, Protein 14.1g
I still like to enjoy my favorite foods while I am watching what I eat. I just have to enjoy them in mini size! I am ok with that! These only came out to being 191 calories for each one. Put it with a side salad and a whole wheat baguette slice, and you have yourself a delicious meal!
You might also enjoy: