My little 5 year old loves pretzels. So I was excited to give this recipe a try because I thought that he would like it. Not sure you can go wrong with chicken crusted in pretzels with a homemade honey mustard sauce.
This was a hit with the family including the 5 year old! The chicken was so moist and tender inside and I loved the added crunch that the pretzels gave. The honey mustard sauce really balanced out the flavor making it a perfect meal!
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 cups panko crumbs
- 2 cups pretzel crumbs
- ½ cup neutral tasting olive oil
- ½ cup Dijon mustard
- ⅓ cup honey
- ¼ cup bottled water
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- coarse salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- ½ cup flour
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Lightly grease a non stick baking sheet or line with parchment paper or aluminum foil.
- In a medium skillet, toast the panko crumbs until lightly golden, stirring constantly. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a food processor, pulse the pretzels until coarsely ground and mix with the panko crumbs.
- Wipe out the crumbs from the processor, and place oil, mustard, honey, water and vinegar and pulse until smooth. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Pound the chicken with a mallet to even the thickness and season well with salt and pepper.
- Set up a dredging station by pouring half of the dressing in a shallow bowl, put the flour in a large plate, and the pretzel mixture to a shallow bowl.
- Dredge the chicken in the flour, then into the dressing and lastly coat in the pretzels. Place each chicken breast onto the baking sheet.
- Bake 16-25 minutes or until cooked though. Serve with remaining honey mustard dressing.
Latest posts by Alyssa (see all)
- Apple Pecan Crisp - August 22, 2016
- One Pan Crispy Parmesan Garlic Chicken with Vegetables - August 21, 2016
- Weekly Menu Plan #62 - August 20, 2016