Howdy folks!! It’s Tiffany from Creme de la Crumb, back to share another of my favorite recipes with you! Remember when I shared the recipe for those amazing Vanilla Coconut Muddy Buddies and I mentioned that I never ate breakfast growing up? Well now that I eat breakfast and totally love it, I have tried many breakfast recipes and found a particular passion for . . . PANCAKES!
Now that I think about it, my pancake obsession may just be an excuse to eat cake for breakfast…
These Orange Buttermilk Pancakes are light and fluffy and soooooo yummy! I loved them, the husband loved them, and I’m thinking about making them again already! You can definitely eat them as-is but I highly recommend drizzling some gooey fruity syrup like blueberry or boysenberry! Sleep in and then make these speedy pancakes this weekend for a fantastic breakfast in 15 minutes flat! You can’t beat that!!
Click HERE for more of my favorite breakfast recipes!
- 1 cup flour
- pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 1 cup low-fat buttermilk
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- zest of one orange
- Optional: blueberry or boysenberry syrup, powdered sugar
- In a bowl whisk together flour, salt, sugar, baking powder, and baking soda. In a separate bowl combine buttermilk, egg, and vegetable oil. Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients and mix until just combined. Gently stir in orange zest.
- Coat a skilled or large flat bottom pan with cooking spray and heat over medium heat. Pour about ¼ cup batter onto the pan. Use a flat spatula to flip pancakes with top has bubbles and edges begin to look "dry". Cook 1-2 more minutes. Repeat with remaining batter. Serve warm with optional syrup and powdered sugar.
Stay connected with Creme de la Crumb:
Latest posts by Alyssa (see all)
- Weekly Menu Plan #77 - December 3, 2016
- One Pan Crispy Parmesan Paprika Chicken with Vegetables - November 27, 2016
- Overnight Caramel Banana French Toast with Caramel Syrup - November 26, 2016