I absolutely love this time of year and can’t seem to get enough of pumpkin! These pancakes were so moist and full of flavor that I think I will just make them year round!
I used to be pretty pancake making challenged! I don’t know what it was about making pancakes that scared me so much. And I could never get them to turn out. I faced my fear on this buttermilk pancake recipe and I was determined to get them right! After making a few, I was a pancake expert. They are easy peasy! 🙂
I like to make pancakes all of the time now. Usually I have most of the ingredients on hand and they are always a hit at our house. These pumpkin spice pancakes tasted so incredible with the pumpkin. The pumpkin made them very moist and puff up into a perfect pancake. The spice blend came out perfecto and were amazing served up with some fresh whip cream!
- 1¼ cup all purpose flour
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp ground nutmeg
- dash of ground ginger
- dash of ground cloves
- 1 cup milk
- ½ cup pumpkin puree
- 1 large egg
- 2 Tbsp vegetable oil or melted butter
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together flour, brown sugar, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger and cloves. Set aside.
- In another bowl or liquid measuring cup, whisk milk, pumpkin, egg and vegetable oil together.
- Combine wet ingredients to the dry ingredients. The batter may still be lumpy and that is ok.
- Heat your skillet to medium. Once it is heated, spray with cooking spray and add ⅓ cup batter to the center of the pan. (I kind of spread the batter out a bit with my measuring cup). Once bubbles form at the surface of the pancake, flip over carefully with a spatula. And let the other side turn golden brown a couple of minutes more. Repeat with the rest of the batter greasing when needed.
- Serve with maple syrup, cinnamon sugar, and/or whipped cream if desired.
Subscribe to the Recipe Critic Blog and get family friendly recipes via e-mail.
Latest posts by Alyssa (see all)
- Korean Ground Beef and Rice Bowls - April 18, 2017
- Weekly Menu Plan #96 - April 15, 2017
- Triple Berry Chicken Avocado Salad with a Creamy Lemon Poppyseed Dressing - April 13, 2017