I love the holidays! I am currently listening to Christmas music as I type up this post. We just put our tree up this week. One of my favorite memories as a child was going with my family every year to pick out a real tree. I wanted to start that tradition with my family! There is nothing better than a real tree! That wonderful smell of real pine throughout the house. Our tree looks gorgeous and it already makes me sad that we have to eventually take it down.
One of my favorite things about the holidays is all of the baking and giving that is involved. I hated eggnog until my youngest boy became obsessed with it. Then I slowly started to like it. Then last year I baked my all time favorite cookies here. I became an eggnog fan! I feel like eggnog is amazing when you bake things with it or incorporate it in a recipe.
My husband hates eggnog. But I always make him try my recipes. The eggnog cookies also became his favorite last Christmas. He made me bake them for all of the neighbors. This fudge turned out amazing. And when I have my husband a bite he said, WOW, this is actually really good! It is the perfect holiday fudge recipe. And being a bigger fan of white chocolate, I of course LOVED this recipe! It was easy to put together and I know that you will love it too!
- 1½ cups eggnog
- 4 cups sugar
- 2 (12 ounce) packages white chocolate chips
- 1 cup butter, cut into pieces
- 1 (7 ounce) container marshmallow cream
- nutmeg for sprinkling
- Line a 9x13 inch pan with aluminum foil and lightly sprinkle with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large pot over medium heat combine eggnog and sugar. Bring to a boil stirring occasionally. Once it comes to a boil, stir constantly for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and add in white chocolate chips, marshmallow cream, and butter. Stir until completely melted and incorporated.
- Pour into your foil lined 9x13 pan and spread evenly until smooth. Sprinkle the top with nutmeg. Let completely cool to room temperature and store in the refrigerator in an airtight container.
Can’t get enough eggnog?
Latest posts by Alyssa (see all)
- Weekly Menu Plan #77 - December 3, 2016
- One Pan Crispy Parmesan Paprika Chicken with Vegetables - November 27, 2016
- Overnight Caramel Banana French Toast with Caramel Syrup - November 26, 2016