You guys. I am sick again. What the heck? I just got over a sinus cold and now I have another one. Curses. It is definitely not fun being pregnant and sick. And you definitely can’t load up on the Nyquil!
I haven’t had much of an appetite at all the past couple of days and all that sounded good to me was a shake for my sore throat. I loved this recipe for this skinny cookies and cream shake. Let me tell you why. The secret ingredient is a frozen banana. It gave it such creamy texture and a sweet flavor. The banana flavor wasn’t over powering at all.
Cookies and Cream shakes are hands down my favorite of all time. This shake is only 4 simple ingredients and can be whipped up in a jiffy! My kids couldn’t even tell that there was a banana inside and loved it just as much as I did! And you can’t go wrong with a delicious cookies and cream shake with lower calories! Win!
- ⅔ cup skim milk (or milk of choice)
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 3 oreo cookies
- 1 medium frozen banana*
- 1 Tablespoon sugar (optional)
- In a blender pulse together milk, vanilla, sugar (if using) and frozen banana until smooth.
- Add the oreo cookies and pulse a little until they are to desired chunkiness. Top with a little fat free cool whip or whipping cream if desired.
*Do not freeze the banana in the peel. Cut into chunks and freeze in a ziplock baggie.
Recipe Adapted from Chocolate Covered Katie
Latest posts by Alyssa (see all)
- One Pan Crispy Parmesan Paprika Chicken with Vegetables - November 27, 2016
- Overnight Caramel Banana French Toast with Caramel Syrup - November 26, 2016
- Weekly Menu Plan #76 - November 26, 2016