I think that we can officially declare that it is grilling season. With the warm weather and Memorial Day around the corner I can’t wait! My hubby claims to be the grill master. I do all of the cooking around here, but when it comes to the grill, that is his territory. But I have yet to find someone that can make chicken so juicy and tender and burgers that are cooked to perfection.
He wasn’t around for the last family barbecue, so I had to make something delicious and grill it. The pressure was on. I made these DE-licious Tuscan Garlic Burgers. I might not have had the same touch as the “grill master”, but I came pretty close! 🙂 If you are looking for a crowd pleasing amazing and juicy burger, I highly recommend this burger! The flavors were all amazing in the burger. But I think my favorite part was the pesto mayo! I love pesto and it was just the right finishing touch to these burgers.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 3 ounces sliced pancetta, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup prepared pesto, divided
- 8 ounces mozzarella cheese, cut into 4 slices
- 4 Italian Rolls, split
- 1 cup fresh arugula or baby spinach
- In a small bowl combine mayonnaise and 2 tablespoons pesto. Chill until ready to use. In a medium sized mixing bowl combine ground beef, pancetta, minced garlic, salt, pepper, and remaining pesto. Mix well and shape into four patties.
- Grill burgers over medium heat for about 5-7 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 160 degrees. Top burgers with mozzarella cheese and grill until cheese is melted. Spread cut sides with pesto mayo and top with red onion tomato, and arugula.
Recipe Adapted by Taste of Home Cookbook
Subscribe to the Recipe Critic Blog and get family friendly recipes via e-mail.
Latest posts by Alyssa (see all)
- Korean Ground Beef and Rice Bowls - April 18, 2017
- Weekly Menu Plan #96 - April 15, 2017
- Triple Berry Chicken Avocado Salad with a Creamy Lemon Poppyseed Dressing - April 13, 2017