Hey again, friends! It’s Liz from Love Grows Wild, and I am bursting-at-the-seams excited to share this recipe with you today! First, let’s play a little game and see if you can guess what recipe I have up my sleeve…
Two all-beef patties, special sauce, lettuce, cheese, pickles, onions – on a sesame seed bun!
Did you guess it?? Today I’m sharing an epic recipe for a Big Mac Burger! I don’t know about you, but even though I try to eat healthy most of the time, I still love to indulge in a big, stacked Big Mac every now and again, and I love the idea of re-creating that famous burger at home. It took a couple tries to get the special sauce juuuuuust right, but I think I’ve got it down, and I think you’re going to love it!
- 1¼ pounds ground beef
- 8 sesame seed buns (2 bottoms and 1 top per burger)
- 4 slices American cheese
- white onion, finely diced
- Iceberg lettuce, thinly shredded
- dill pickle slices
- Special Sauce:
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon sweet pickle relish
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- To make the special sauce: In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, pickle relish, vinegar, garlic powder, onion powder, and paprika. Chill in the refrigerator several hours before serving.
- Season the ground beef with salt and pepper (or other seasonings as desired) and place on a cutting board. Place a sheet of plastic wrap over the beef and roll out to about ¼" thickness. Cut the beef into 8 round, thin patties using a biscuit cutter or the top of a cup, and cook the patties on a grill or in a skillet until cooked through.
- To assemble the burgers: Add the following ingredients, working from the bottom up: bottom bun, special sauce, onion, lettuce, beef patty, cheese, pickles, bottom bun, special sauce, onion, lettuce, beef patty, pickles, top bun.
– Adapted from a Six Sisters’ Stuff recipe
Want more delicious dinner ideas? Stop by Love Grows Wild to get the recipes for my Asian Chicken Salad, Slow Cooker Chicken Fajitas, or Herb Rubbed Pork Chops! I hope to see you over there soon! xoxo Liz
Subscribe to the Recipe Critic Blog and get family friendly recipes via e-mail.