It is no secret that I love my slow cooker. I especially love using my slow cooker on game days. I have five different slow cookers and you better believe they are all being used during a big football game! It is perfect for keeping the food warm during the game and cooks whatever you are making perfectly. I couldn’t wait to use my new slow cooker from Hamilton Beach. I have always wanted to try cooking wings in the slow cooker. And wow. They turned out incredible!
The meat on the wings were fall off the bone tender. It was so easy to just throw these into the slow cooker. The best part about these wings was the delicious glaze. They were sticky, finger licking good! Just how wings should be! The honey garlic was the perfect flavor combination for these wings. These wings didn’t last long and were the hit of the party! I know that you guys are going to love them too!
- 3 pounds chicken wings, halved
- 1 cup honey
- ½ cup soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 Tablespoon Cornstarch
- salt and pepper to taste
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper and place them in the bottom of your slow cooker.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together honey, soy sauce, minced garlic, ginger, and vegetable oil. Pour over the chicken wings.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- Since the slow cooker adds moisture, this may thin the sauce. Pour sauce into a saucepan when the wings are done and bring to a boil. Add in the cornstarch and continue to cook until it thickens up. Pour the sauce back into the crockpot, and toss the wings to coat.
I have teamed up with some of my blog friends to bring you some more amazing slow cooker recipes for game day! Check them out!
-Blackberry Jalapeno ChickenSandwiches ~ Cooking For Keeps
Slow Cooker Meatballs– Favorite Family Recipes
Creamy Spinach Dip– Super Healthy Kids
Slow cooker S’mores Brownies– Something Swanky
Chipotle Chiken Taquitos- Creme de la Crumb
California Pizza Kitchen BBQ Chicken Dip– Oh, Sweet Basil