I hope you all had an amazing Christmas! It was so nice to just unplug and enjoy time with my family. We have had quite the unusual winter and it has been warmer with no snow. This morning we woke up to a fresh blanket of snow and it continued to snow all day! It was a serious Christmas miracle here in Utah! It finally felt like Christmas. We had such a great time and it was especially fun watching my baby girl’s first Christmas!
I have been trying to decide what cheese ball to make for my New Year’s Eve Party. Man. So many good ones to choose from that I have made like this Jalapeño Bacon Cheese Ball or even this Bacon Ranch Cheese Ball. Apparently everything is better with bacon and especially in a cheese ball!
I really like cheddar cheese in a cheese ball so I decided to throw this one together. The smoky bacon plus the cheddar really made this flavor combination in this incredible. This might just be the winner for the one that I make on New Year’s Eve. Isn’t it a must to have a cheese ball on New Year’s? It definitely is at our house and I totally look forward to all of the munchies and snacks. It is like one last big hurrah before January 1st when we all start eating healthy right? 😉
- 8 ounce cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- ½ teaspoon seasoning salt
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 Teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 6 slices hickory smoke bacon, cooked and crumbled
- ⅓ cup sliced almonds
- In a large mixing bowl, beat together cream cheese, cheddar cheese, seasoning salt, onion powder, garlic powder, and Worcestershire sauce until well blended. Fold in the cooked and crumbled bacon.
- Form the cheese into a ball and roll into the sliced almonds. Refrigerate until serving.