These rolls are made with quick and easy dough and are ready in 30 minutes! With delicious Asiago Cheese on top of these soft and perfect rolls, they are sure to be a hit!
Asiago cheese. So many memories of my high school days come flooding back to me. My love for asiago cheese started in high school. I would go to Einstein Bagel every single day and get an Asiago Cheese Bagel for breakfast. The cheese on those bagels are the best part!
So naturally I needed to make a big batch of these rolls for myself. Again, I used my easy dough recipe. That recipe is awesome and can be used so many different ways! This dough worked perfectly for these rolls. The best part is that the rolls were ready in just 30 minutes! They were soft and fluffy on the inside and perfect on the outside with the cheese.
Can I just tell you how amazing these rolls turned out?? I could have probably eaten the entire batch if my kids would have let me. But instead, they grabbed them all as soon as they came out of the oven!
With the first bite, all of my high school memories came flooding back to me. The crazy bangs I had, all of my boyfriends, and my Dr. Martens. It was crazy how that asiago cheese could bring back so many memories! 🙂
You guys are going to love these rolls. Fast. Easy. And so delicious with that wonderful cheese! You will make them again and again!
- Dough Ingredients:
- 1½ cups warm water
- 2 Tbsp. sugar
- 1 Tbsp. yeast
- 3½ cups flour
- 1 tsp Salt
- Egg Wash Ingredients:
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 4 oz Asiago Cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 400 degree and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- To make the dough: Mix warm water, sugar and yeast together. Let that sit for 5 minutes.
- Add flour and salt to the water, sugar, and yeast. Mix this until smooth and let it raise for 10 minutes. I used my kitchenaid mixer with the dough hook and it was so easy and worked great!
- Divide the dough into 12 sections. Roll each section into a ball and place on a parchment lined baking sheet. Let rest for 10 minutes.
- Whisk the egg and the milk in a small bowl. Brush on the top of each roll with the egg wash. Sprinkle generously with asiago cheese. Bake for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown.
Latest posts by Alyssa (see all)
- Apple Pecan Crisp - August 22, 2016
- One Pan Crispy Parmesan Garlic Chicken with Vegetables - August 21, 2016
- Weekly Menu Plan #62 - August 20, 2016