A quick and easy 30 minute meal that is packed with amazing honey dijon garlic flavor! The chicken is so juicy and tender and the sauce is sweet and tangy… you are going to love it!
I have been all about the quick and easy meals lately. I just hate eating out and Little Caesar’s is getting to know us on a first name basis. I love to cook but its just so dang busy around here. I made a goal for this month that we would only go out to dinner on Friday’s and I would cook the rest of the week. No matter how busy it was. This meal had all of the things that I loved packed inside and was ready in just 30 minutes.
Quick. Easy. Minimal Ingredients. Full of delicious flavor. Can’t get enough of it… this is my kind of meal!
Let me just break down all of the delicious ingredients for you. The honey dijon mustard combo was incredible. Not too sweet. And not to tangy. It was the perfect amount of both. But then you add garlic to it and it completes it perfectly. All of the flavors combine to bring you a meal that you won’t be able to get enough of. I love using a stone ground dijon mustard because it is more grainy and coarse. Of course you can use the traditional dijon mustard if you would like. But the flavor of this chicken was so excellent that you won’t want to change a thing!
This chicken turned out perfectly and I was seriously blown away by the flavor! The chicken was so tender and juicy and the flavor of this dish is phenomenal! As soon as you try it I think that you will agree! 🙂
- 1½ pounds boneless, skinless, chicken thighs (You can also use chicken breasts)
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 6 garlic cloves, divided (3 minced, 3 whole) *
- ¼ cup honey
- 3 Tablespoons stone ground dijon mustard
- salt and pepper to taste
- green onions or fresh parsley for garnish
- In a medium sized skillet over medium heat add 1 tablespoon olive oil. Add 3 whole garlic cloves. Salt and pepper the chicken thighs and cook each side until the temperature reads 165 degrees. Remove and set aside on a plate.
- Add 1 tablespoon olive oil and 3 garlic cloves minced. Cook until tender and whisk in honey and mustard. Add the chicken back to the pan and heat for a couple of minutes more. Garnish with green onions or fresh parsley.
Latest posts by Alyssa (see all)
- Weekly Menu Plan #58 - July 23, 2016
- Creamy Tomato Italian Parmesan Chicken - July 19, 2016
- Triple Berry Kale Salad with Creamy Strawberry Poppyseed Dressing - July 18, 2016