A hot and puffy golden pancake that only requires 5 minutes of prep! This classic breakfast is always a huge hit at our house!
Breakfast is always a struggle at our house because mornings are always so busy! I love to surprise the kiddos with a delicious and hot breakfast at least once a week before school. That is why we love German Pancakes at our house.
5 minutes of prep with ingredients that you have on hand. This breakfast is totally doable even for the busiest families!
My little girl loves to watch things baking in the oven. She likes spending time with me in the kitchen and helping. Or making a mess. But we sure have fun together. It is fun to watch this german pancake bake in the oven and get puffy and golden.
As soon as it comes out we all get to top it with our favorite toppings. I like mine simple with fruit, powdered sugar, and syrup. But you can go the more traditional German Pancake way of sprinkling with some lemon juice and powdered sugar.
If you haven’t tried this classic breakfast you need to make it. We absolutely love it at our house and it is so fun and easy to make! It is sure to be a huge hit with family or guests!
- ½ cup all purpose flour
- 3 eggs
- ½ cup milk
- 3 tablespoons melted butter, divided
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- ¼ teaspoon of salt
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. In a medium sized bowl whisk the eggs, milk, melted butter, salt and sugar. Add the flour and stir until incorporated being careful not to overmix.
- Add 1 tablespoon melted butter to the bottom of a 9 or 11 inch cast iron skillet. Pour the batter into a skillet and bake for 12-18 minutes or just until the edges start to brown. Top with desired toppings.
Latest posts by Alyssa (see all)
- Cheesy Fiesta Chicken and Rice Skillet - August 25, 2016
- Apple Pecan Crisp - August 22, 2016
- One Pan Crispy Parmesan Garlic Chicken with Vegetables - August 21, 2016