Vegetable Beef Soup. Super comforting, hearty and can be ready in less than 45 minutes!
Hi guys! It’s Kelley back from Chef Savvy! Today I am sharing this warm and hearty Vegetable Beef Soup!
There is nothing more that I love than soup when it’s cold outside. We have been getting alot of rain and colder temps in the Northeast and this is the perfect soup for a day like today!
This soup is packed with vegetables, tomatoes, and beef. The beef gets super tender as it cooks in the soup and adds lots of flavor to the broth.
I love how easy this soup can be thrown together. Simply brown the meat and sauté the veggies. Stir in broth, crushed tomatoes and seasoning. Simmer for 25-30 minutes. Serve with warm crusty bread, fresh parsley and parmesan cheese!
This soup also serves about 6-8 which means tons of leftovers! Enjoy!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound beef stew meat, cut into about 1 inch cubes
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- ¾ cup carrots, diced
- ¾ cup celery, diced
- 3-4 russet or yukon gold potatoes, cubed and peeled (if desired)
- 1 (28 oz.) can diced tomatoes, with juice
- 1 tablespoon worcestershire sauce
- 4 cups beef stock
- 1 cup water
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- salt and pepper
- fresh parsley
- parmesan cheese
- crushed red pepper flakes
- Heat oil in a large pot.
- Add in the steak in batches making sure not to over crowd the pan. (I did two batches). Cook until browned on both sides, about 2-3 minutes.
- Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Add in the onion, garlic, carrots, celery and potatoes. Saute for 3-4 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Add the remaining ingredients as well as the steak.
- Bring to a boil and simmer for 25-30 minute.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste and serve with fresh parsley, cheese and crushed red pepper flakes if desired.
Love this Vegetable Beef Soup? Here are some more Soup Recipes to try!