Asparagus that gets coated in a Parmesan Herb Panko and is baked to crispy and delicious perfection! The entire family will love them!
It can be difficult getting kids to eat their vegetables. We struggle with it at the dinner table at our house. Both of my boys hate vegetables. I take that back. I can get them to eat corn. Corn. Does that even count? 😉 My little girl on the other hand LOVES vegetables. It started when she was a baby. I was shocked when she would gobble down every vegetable. I couldn’t believe it! Even today at almost two years old she will steal all of the broccoli from my plate. I am hoping that this love for veggies will continue!
I have to get pretty creative when it comes to getting my boys to eat their vegetables. It is so important to incorporate them into their diet but how? Well if you make a vegetable crispy on the edges in a delicious Parmesan Garlic Herb crust they will love it! I also created a greek yogurt ranch dip to dip the asparagus fries in.
Lets talk for minute about this delicious crispy crust on the asparagus fries. It is made with a crispy panko and parmesan combination with McCormick’s premium dried herbs inside. The crunchy parmesan herb coating is my favorite part!
You start by coating the asparagus in flour and dredging it in an egg. Then you coat it in the Parmesan Herb crust. The great thing about these Asparagus Fries is that they are baked! They get a crunchy outside and the asparagus are tender on the inside. The Parmesan Herb Crust adds such delicious flavor!
These Parmesan Herb Asparagus Fries were gone within minutes. And even I couldn’t get enough of them! These make a great healthy snack or even a delicious and crispy side dish.
You guys are going to love these just as much as our family did! And they are a great way to get kids to eat their vegetables. You will want to make them again and again!
- 1 pound asparagus
- ½ cup flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup panko
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Garlic Powder
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- ½ teaspoon McCormick® Parsley
- ½ teaspoon McCormick® Oregano Leaves
- ¼ teaspoon McCormick® Ground Black Pepper
- Creamy Greek Yogurt Ranch Dip:
- ½ cup Plain Greek Yogurt
- 1 teaspoon McCormick ® dried dill weed
- 1 small clove of garlic
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons parmesan
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Lightly grease a baking sheet with non stick spray or line with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Trim the bottoms of the asparagus. In three shallow dishes add the flour, eggs, and in the last shallow dish add panko, garlic powder, parmesan cheese, parsley, oregano, and pepper. Add the asparagus to the flour, then dredge in the egg and lastly coat in the panko. Line in a row on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until the tops are lightly brown and edges are crispy.
- To make the creamy greek yogurt ranch dip: In a food processor add the greek yogurt, dill weed, garlic, olive oil, and parmesan. Pulse until smooth and salt and pepper to taste.
This post was sponsored by McCormick®. I love working with brands that I am passionate about and use in the kitchen for myself. All opinions expressed are my own.
Latest posts by Alyssa (see all)
- Slow Cooker Brown Sugar Balsamic Chicken and Vegetables - February 26, 2017
- Weekly Menu Plan #89 - February 25, 2017
- Creamy Parmesan Garlic Shrimp Pasta - February 19, 2017