Oh zucchini season how I love you! There are so many great ways to use up zucchini. I couldn’t wait to try these baked zucchini fries. It is such a great and healthy alternative to french fries. And you are able to use up some of the zucchini in the garden!
I wasn’t expecting these zucchini fries to be so amazing! And the great thing is that I could have some and stay with in calories for my Hawaii trip. They had a great crunch to the outside and they were cooked perfectly and soft on the inside like a french fry. These were amazing dipped in marinara sauce but my boys loved them in ranch!
- 3 small zucchini, or 2 large
- 1 cup panko crumbs
- 2 Tbsp Italian Seasoning
- ½ cup grated parmesan cheese
- ½ cup flour
- 2 eggs
- Fresh chopped parsley for garnish
- Preheat oven to 425. Line a cookie sheet with aluminum foil and lightly spray with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Start by cutting your zucchini. Cut off each end. Then cut the zucchini in half and then lengthwise. Set one piece on its end and cut it in half lengthwise. Cut that half in half. Cut that half in half. Stack the planks on top of each other and cut into strips. Lightly sprinkle with salt.
- Combine panko crumbs, italian seasoning, and shredded parmesan cheese in a shallow pie dish. Add the flour in a zip lock bag and toss zucchini to coat.
- Whisk the egg together and working in batches dip each zucchini strip into the egg and coat well in panko mixture.
- Set on a the cookie sheet. Bake for 12-15 until lightly brown. Can be dipped in marinara sauce, ranch, or your favorite dipping sauce.