Quick and easy zucchini spears that are coated in parmesan and garlic and roasted in the oven to perfection. It is delicious and the perfect way to use up that zucchini!
The zucchini just isn’t stopping at our house. Once it starts it just doesn’t stop. But thats ok. Zucchini is my favorite summer vegetable. And there are so many yummy ways to use up that zucchini. But these zucchini spears became my new favorite.
I love how quick and easy these are to throw in to the oven. It takes just a matter of minutes to throw together. And how can you not love the parmesan and garlic flavor combination?? It goes so well on roasted vegetables in my opinion.
The oven roasted these to perfection. With a slight crisp edge on the outside and a tender and soft inside. And the parmesan garlic coating on the outside is so delicious! But how can you not love the parmesan and garlic flavor combination? They were meant for each other. 🙂
This is such a great way to use up that zucchini crop. They make a great side or even a snack and will become an instant favorite!
- 3 medium sized zucchini (about 1½ pounds)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- ½ teaspoon oregano
- 2 Tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1 Tablespoon shredded parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cut zucchini lengthwise into quarters, then cut in half widthwise. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and spray with cooking spray. Lay the zucchini on the cookie sheet and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- In a small bowl whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice, lemon peel, garlic, and oregano. Drizzle over zucchini spears. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until lightly golden brown. To give more of a crisp edge, broil for the last 3 minutes.