This website may contain affiliate links and advertising so that we can provide recipes to you. Read my disclosure policy.
Making roasted cauliflower steaks is the best way to show all this veggie has to offer! They’re amazingly tender and tossed in a mouthwatering blend of garlic, paprika, and parmesan.
Using cauliflower is a great way to make all of your favorite recipes low-carb! You’ll have to try tots, parmesan roasted cauliflower, and mac and cheese! They’re all so incredibly good, you’ll be hooked!
Oven-Roasted Garlic Cauliflower Recipe
If you aren’t already on the cauliflower train, it’s time to get on. This is an incredibly versatile vegetable and can mimic the flavor and texture of tons of different dishes! You can find my master list here, but some of my all-time favorite recipes are “buffalo wing” cauliflower, cauliflower fritters, and Wisconsin cauliflower soup. I’m super excited to add a new cauliflower recipe to the lineup today! These “steaks” are thick cuts of cauliflower drizzled in olive oil and then coated in garlic, paprika, and parmesan cheese. All you’ve got to do is roast them for 20 minutes in the oven! They turn out warm, tender, and flavorful every time. A tasty side in a pinch! Perfect for you busy moms out there.
Cauliflower is great because it has a very mild flavor when cooked. It’s one of the few vegetables that my kids will actually eat! Sometimes I’ll throw it into a casserole or fried rice and they don’t even notice. These cauliflower steaks are no different! My family loves how soft and flavorful they are. I know yours will, too! I even caught my youngest licking her plate after she finished. That’s the sign of a successful dinner in my book! You can’t go wrong with parmesan, garlic, and paprika! The flavor of these cauliflower steaks is absolutely drool-worthy. Let’s make some!
Ingredients for Roasted Cauliflower Steaks
Only 6 ingredients for an amazing side that is sooo good, you’ll forget it’s healthy! Cauliflower steaks are super simple but have the most amazing flavor. If you’re looking for individual measurements, you can find them in the recipe card below!
- Cauliflower: Our MVP! Because we’re making “steaks” here, you’ll want your cauliflower heads on the larger side.
- Olive Oil: Used to drizzle across your steaks. If you want the best flavor, try using extra-virgin olive oil!
- Paprika: Adds a mild, sweet spice.
- Garlic: Garlic is a must! It makes your cauliflower steaks nice and savory. They smell absolutely divine when they’re cooking, too!
- Salt and Pepper: Sprinkle salt and pepper on to enhance your flavors!
- Parmesan: Parmesan makes everything better! I love the subtle cheesiness it adds to the flavor of the cauliflower.
Making Roasted Cauliflower Steaks
This is one of the easiest sides to whip up. It only takes a few minutes but will bring your whole meal together, trust me! The flavor and texture of cauliflower steaks are to die for!
- Preheat Oven, Prep Caulifower: To start, preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Then, prepare the cauliflower by washing it and trimming the leaves and bottom of the core.
- Slice: Next, slice the cauliflower into 3/4 inch slices. The outer cauliflower will fall off. You can roast them on the edges of the cauliflower steaks.
- Drizzle with Oil: Lay the cauliflower steaks into a single layer on a baking sheet. Drizzle the olive oil on top.
- Mix Topping: Next up, combine the paprika, garlic, salt, pepper, and parmesan. Sprinkle evenly on each side of the cauliflower.
- Roast and Serve: Roast the cauliflower for 10 minutes and flip. Roast for an additional 10 minutes or until they tender and brown. Enjoy!
Roasted Cauliflower Tips and Tricks
Everything from picking your cauliflower to adding additional flavors, I’ve compiled some of my favorite tips and tricks here! Just like it has for me, I’m sure cauliflower steaks will become a new favorite for you! They’re an awesome side!
- Picking Cauliflower: Look for large, densely-packed heads of cauliflower. Make sure they are a bright white color and free of any blemishes or brown spots!
- Allow Air to Flow: Don’t overcrowd your pan when roasting your cauliflower. They need plenty of space and airflow to become as tasty and caramelized as possible!
- Don’t Forget to Flip: Be sure to flip your cauliflower steaks halfway through the baking time. This will make each side tender and perfectly golden brown!
- Crispy Cauliflower: If you want your cauliflower to have a crispy outer layer, simply toss them in some cornflour before baking!
- Adding Flavors: While I love the taste that paprika and garlic create, if you want something a little more toned down, these are amazing with a splash of olive oil and Italian seasoning! It’s a fresh, aromatic twist on the recipe. And if you’re wanting a little more heat, try adding a pinch of cayenne!
Storing Leftover Cauliflower Steaks
If you don’t end up finishing this tasty side, it can be stored and enjoyed later! Here’s how to keep it as fresh and delicious as possible.
- In the Refrigerator: You can store your leftover cauliflower steaks in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
- Reheating: Since cauliflower has a high water content, I prefer reheating it in the oven. I have found that reheating it in the microwave can sometimes make it soggy. To reheat, place your cauliflower on a baking sheet in the oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit until warmed through. Be sure not to let your cauliflower burn, as this makes the veggie quite bitter.
Pin this now to find it laterPin It
Roasted Cauliflower Steaks
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Prepare the cauliflower by washing it and trimming the leaves and bottom of the core.
- Slice the cauliflower into 3/4 inch slices. The outer cauliflower will fall off. You can roast them on the edges of the cauliflower steaks.
- Combine the paprika, garlic, salt, pepper, and parmesan. Sprinkle evenly on each side of the cauliflower.
- Roast the cauliflower for 10 minutes and flip. Roast for an additional 10 minutes or until they are tender and brown.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.