Detox Vegetable Soup – an easy one pot recipe perfect for getting back on track for the new year! Best of all, it’s comforting, flavorful and packed with lots of healthy vegetables.
Hey everyone, Kelly here back from Life Made Sweeter again. Today I’m sharing this healthy and delicious Detox Vegetable Soup.
It’s the perfect way to help you get back on track if you’ve been indulging in too many sweets during the holidays. If eating healthier is one of your New Year’s resolutions, this soup is an easy way to get started.
This Detox Vegetable Soup is packed with tons of nutritious veggies, immune-boosting herbs and makes you feel warm, wholesome and nourished. The best part is, this recipe comes together in just 20 minutes in one large pot. So cleanup is a breeze!
What’s Inside this Detox Vegetable Soup?
What I love about this soup is that it’s so easy to customize with what you like or have on hand. It’s packed with detoxifying vegetables and leafy greens like kale, broccoli and celery.
The purple cabbage, diced tomatoes, cauliflower and carrots add color and help to fill you up. While the lemon and ginger add a nice zing and help to boost your immune system. And finally, the spices and fresh herbs tie the flavors together.
And to make it a complete meal, you can serve the soup as a side with a lean protein (such as chicken, turkey, or fish). Or if you want to bulk it up even more, feel free to add the protein, beans or low carb noodles to the soup for a whole meal!
Vegetable Detox Soup
- olive oil
- 1/2 of a red onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger peeled and minced
- 2 cups chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- 3 cups broccoli florets
- 1 cup cauliflower florets
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric optional or to taste
- 1 14.5 oz can of no salt diced tomatoes (preferably organic)
- 4 cups water
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- pink Himalayan salt or sea salt, to taste
- fresh cracked black pepper to taste
- 2 cups kale de-stemmed and torn in pieces
- 1 cup purple cabbage chopped
- juice from 1/2 of a small lemon
- handful chopped parsley for serving
- In a large pot, add oil and turn on the heat to medium-high. Add the onion, garlic and ginger. Sauté for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the celery, carrots, broccoli and cauliflower. Stir and cook for about 2-3 minutes, until slightly softened. Stir in the turmeric and diced tomatoes.
- Add water and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until vegetables are soft. Stir in the Italian seasoning, salt and pepper to taste, kale, cabbage and lemon juice near the last 2-3 minutes of simmering.
- Serve hot with chopped parsley.