This website may contain affiliate links and advertising so that we can provide recipes to you. Read my disclosure policy.
Vegetable Detox Soup is an easy one pot recipe perfect for getting back on track for the new year! Best of all, it’s comforting, flavorful and packed with lots of healthy vegetables.
Vegetable Detox Soup
This healthy and delicious Detox Vegetable Soup is just what you need to start the year off right.
It’s the perfect way to help you get back on track if you’ve been indulging in too many sweets during the holidays.
If eating healthier is one of your New Year’s resolutions, this soup is an easy way to get started.
This Detox Vegetable Soup is packed with tons of nutritious veggies, immune-boosting herbs and makes you feel warm, wholesome and nourished.
The best part is, this recipe comes together in just 20 minutes in one large pot. So cleanup is a breeze!
What’s Inside this Vegetable Detox Soup?
What I love about this soup is that it’s so easy to customize with what you like or have on hand.
It’s packed with detoxifying vegetables and leafy greens like kale, broccoli and celery.
The purple cabbage, diced tomatoes, cauliflower and carrots add color and help to fill you up.
While the lemon and ginger add a nice zing and help to boost your immune system.
And finally, the spices and fresh herbs tie the flavors together.
- Olive oil: cooks the vegetables
- Red onion: diced
- Garlic: minced
- Ginger: fresh, peeled and minced
- Celery and Carrots: chopped
- Broccoli florets and Cauliflower florets: split apart in small sections.
- Turmeric: optional
- Canned tomatoes: no salt diced tomatoes
- Water: this will act as the broth with all the flavoring.
- Italian seasoning: delicious flavoring
- Pink Himalayan salt: or sea salt will work
- Cracked black pepper: to taste
- Kale: de-stemmed and torn into pieces
- Purple cabbage: chopped
- Lemon: juiced
- Parsley: a handful for serving
How to make Detox Vegetable Soup:
- Sauté vegetables: In a large pot, add oil and turn on the heat to medium-high. Add the onion, garlic and ginger. Sauté for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the celery, carrots, broccoli and cauliflower. Stir and cook for about 2-3 minutes, until slightly softened. Stir in the turmeric and diced tomatoes.
- Boil vegetables: Add water and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until vegetables are soft. Stir in the Italian seasoning, salt and pepper to taste, kale, cabbage and lemon juice near the last 2-3 minutes of simmering.
- Enjoy! Serve hot with chopped parsley.
Tips for making Detox Vegetable Soup:
- Cut vegetables: It is best to cut your vegetables the same size pieces. This will help cook evenly and together.
- Tomatoes: If you would like more fresh vegetables, you can dice up Roma or sweet tomatoes to add in, instead of a can.
- Leafy greens: Leave out the kale or spinach until about 20-30 minutes prior to serving it.
- Pasta: Wanting pasta in your soup, add this towards the end of serving your soup.
- Creamy soup: For a creamier soup, add in 1/2 cup of half in half, almond milk or coconut milk just before serving.
- Adding Heat: To make this with some spice, add a dash of cayenne pepper, red pepper flakes or diced jalapeños to the soup.
- Thicker soup: Add in tomato puree or tomato paste for a thicker soup base.
What goes well with Detox Vegetable Soup:
This is Detox Vegetable Soup is great topped with fresh herbs like parsley, oregano or basil.
To help add some carbs to this soup, we love to make one of my delicious homemade bread recipes.
Variations of Detox Vegetable Soup:
- Vegetables: Corn (fresh or frozen), green beans (fresh or frozen), peas, potatoes, squash or zucchini.
- Potatoes: add in russet, Yukon, sweet, red or gold potatoes for extra thickness and carbs.
- Broth: instead of water, you can add in vegetable broth, chicken or beef broth if you would like more flavoring.
- Meat: add in browned ground beef, lean turkey, sausage, pork, tofu or shredded chicken as a protein option.
- Pasta: any type of pasta is a great way to add in thickness to your soup.
Storing Vegetable Detox Soup:
- How long does Vegetable Detox Soup last? This is a great soup to have a meal plan. It generally lasts in ziplock or airtight container in the refrigerator for about 5 to 6 days.
- Can you freeze Vegetable Detox Soup? Yes! This soup does well in the freezer. Simply let it cool after it has been cooked. Place in a ziplock bag and store flat in the freezer for up to 1 month. When you are ready to reheat, place in the refrigerator overnight to thaw.
- Warming up Vegetable Detox Soup: When ready to warm up your thawed soup, simple place over the stove top and warm slowly, stirring occasionally. If you are using a microwave, slowly warm up your soup in slow increments, stirring in-between until it is warmed through.
More Flavorful Soup Recipes:
- Crock-Pot Lentil Soup
- Creamy Sausage Tortellini Soup
- Easy French Onion Soup
- Tomato Basil Soup
- Literally The BEST Chicken Noodle Soup
Pin this now to find it laterPin It
Vegetable Detox Soup
- olive oil
- 1/2 of a red onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger peeled and minced
- 2 cups chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- 3 cups broccoli florets
- 1 cup cauliflower florets
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric optional or to taste
- 1 can 14.5 oz can of no salt diced tomatoes (preferably organic)
- 4 cups water
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- pink Himalayan salt or sea salt, to taste
- fresh cracked black pepper to taste
- 2 cups kale de-stemmed and torn in pieces
- 1 cup purple cabbage chopped
- juice from 1/2 of a small lemon
- handful chopped parsley for serving
- In a large pot, add oil and turn on the heat to medium-high. Add the onion, garlic and ginger. Sauté for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the celery, carrots, broccoli and cauliflower. Stir and cook for about 2-3 minutes, until slightly softened. Stir in the turmeric and diced tomatoes.
- Add water and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until vegetables are soft. Stir in the Italian seasoning, salt and pepper to taste, kale, cabbage and lemon juice near the last 2-3 minutes of simmering.
- Serve hot with chopped parsley.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.