Cheesy Zucchini Fritters are filled with three cheeses and zucchini. These are savory and easy to make and the perfect way to use up that garden zucchini!
For more delicious recipes to sneak in that summer zucchini, be sure to try: Zucchini Crust Pizza, Cinnamon Zucchini Walnut Cake, Buttery Garlic Herb Chicken with Zucchini, or Blueberry Zucchini Bread.
Cheesy Zucchini Fritters
Zucchini just happens to be my favorite vegetable. I eat zucchini year round. But I especially love when it is season for the summer and I am looking for ways to use all of the garden zucchini up. Zucchini is an amazing vegetable. It can be used to create savory recipes, but it can also be used to bake with and sneak it into something sweet. I have loved making savory recipes with it lately. Zucchini fritters have been on my list for a long time now and I can’t believe that I am just getting around to making them. We LOVED everything about these little fritters especially the cheese! They are filled with three cheeses which bring these zucchini fritters to the next level.
How do you make zucchini fritters?
- Start by grating your zucchini. Remove all liquid from the zucchini. Add in the cheese, flour, egg, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper. Mix until combined.
- Heat a large skillet to medium high heat and add the vegetable oil to the pan. Drop the zucchini batter into the skillet. (About 1/4 cup). Let it cook about 2-3 minutes until it turns golden brown and flip.
- Top the fritters with sour cream and chives if desired.
How do you remove the liquid from zucchini?
- Add the shredded zucchini to a colander. Sprinkle the zucchini with salt and let it sit for 20 minutes. Pat dry with a paper towel.
- You can also wring them out by placing them into a paper towel and twisting until dry and excess water has been removed.
Can I freeze zucchini fritters?
They keep well in the fridge or the freezer. If you are dressing them, place on a baking sheet then transfer frozen discs to a bag and seal.
Looking for even more ways to use up Zucchini? Look no further!
- Pistachio Zucchini Bread
- Taco Stuffed Zucchini Boats
- Ham and Cheddar Zucchini Frittata
- Zucchini Oat Cookies with Brown Butter Frosting
- Cheesy Zucchini Rice
Cheesy Zucchini Fritters
- 2 cups zucchini grated and moisture removed
- 2 eggs beaten
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 teaspoon Italian Seasoning
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- sour cream and chopped chives for garnish
Grate the zucchini and remove the moisture by placing in a colander and pressing a paper towel on top. In a small bowl beat the eggs. In a medium sized bowl add the zucchini, eggs, flour, cheese, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper and combine.
Heat a large skillet to medium high heat and add the vegetable oil to the pan. Drop the zucchini batter into the skillet. (About 1/4 cup). Let it cook about 2-3 minutes until it turns golden brown and flip.
Top the fritters with sour cream and chives if desired.
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, measuring methods and portion sizes per household.